PC Gaming...What a farce

Associate
SC2 beta patching often is a bad thing how? Some of the rest of the thread has merit but that just seemed odd to me.

Yeah lol at crying over a BETA getting patches:rolleyes:, hell even if a released game gets patched loads its not even a bad thing unless you are sitting on 56k (lol).

Soldato
If I want the best graphics, most from my hardware, freeware and mods, I think I will stick with a PC. I have a PS3 and it hardly gets touched because of the awesomeness radiating from my PC for gaming...

I'm pretty sure you get the most from a consoles hardware more than PC hardware? Console hardware is low-spec but ultra optimised.

Associate
All though there are many valid points made. At the end of the day it comes down to preference.
I much prefer gaming on the PC, it feels more intuitive and I don't have to pay for updates/subscriptions (not to mention that the games themselves are cheaper.)
The real clincher for me has to be the controllers for consoles. I can't get used to their joy-pads. I play lots of FPS and no matter how hard I try my xbox insists on aiming just to the left, or just above the enemy head with the slightest movement sending the cross-hair of wildly. Until they manage to find a way to get the controllers to give you as much freedom as the keyboard and mouse I can never see the most hardcore of gamers leaving the PC.
I even remember reading an article a while back now, not sure what game it was on. They had the PC and xBox linked for online game play. In the first days of testing they realized the PC players were slaughtering the xbox ones. The result? They effectively nerfed the PC. The players connection from a PC had built in delay times between mouse click and the game registering in order to level the playing field.

Associate
OP
Yeah lol at crying over a BETA getting patches:rolleyes:, hell even if a released game gets patched loads its not even a bad thing unless you are sitting on 56k (lol).

I am sure that when you learn to read you will go over the thread again and find I clearly said the released game SC2, i.e. Supreme Commander 2

Associate
All though there are many valid points made. At the end of the day it comes down to preference.
I much prefer gaming on the PC, it feels more intuitive and I don't have to pay for updates/subscriptions (not to mention that the games themselves are cheaper.)
The real clincher for me has to be the controllers for consoles. I can't get used to their joy-pads. I play lots of FPS and no matter how hard I try my xbox insists on aiming just to the left, or just above the enemy head with the slightest movement sending the cross-hair of wildly. Until they manage to find a way to get the controllers to give you as much freedom as the keyboard and mouse I can never see the most hardcore of gamers leaving the PC.
I even remember reading an article a while back now, not sure what game it was on. They had the PC and xBox linked for online game play. In the first days of testing they realized the PC players were slaughtering the xbox ones. The result? They effectively nerfed the PC. The players connection from a PC had built in delay times between mouse click and the game registering in order to level the playing field.

here here! i have nothing against consoles they do have some great games, but when it come to FPS, there is only one winner. ive just finished avp on the pc, i borrowed bad company 1 for ps3 from a friend as i never played it and switching back to a pad for a FPS just feels so wrong and dont even get me started on RTS's on consoles....

Soldato
There's a very good chance that PC gamers will dwindle to perhaps a gross world-wide, and they'll still be holding to the 'srsly guiz, colsoles r teh suxxorz' approach that prevails nowadays. This isn't due to the quality of the platform, but purely the profitability. The vast majority of console gamers (and I say this without verification, but still in complete confidence) don't buy their own games, they have their parents do it for them. As such, the major market is a group that have no concept of the real value of money - hence, they'll crack out the family credit card at the slightest whiff of new content. The market itself will still be alive, as we can see from sorry-ass titles like MW2 (sorry to those of you who bought it [and at release day prices at that!], but you've been had), but it'll be so bloated with money-hungry annual rehashes that the unsung heroes are going to end up forever restricted to the classification of 'indie games'. PC gaming won't die, but it's never gonna be the all-consuming dominatrix we all hate but love.

Edit: If you don't know what a gross is, you suck at life.

Back
Top Bottom