PC gone mad: Outrage as school calls police after pupil looks at Ukip website in class

Associate
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/647539/Ukip-UK-Independence-Party-school-police-called-website

Like to go to this school and have that Oh so caring Head Teacher lady? - Lovely init? Now this school could start teaching PC as a subject for Uni entrance. Check out the school web site - Wildern shool Hedge end near Southampton. One of the most disturbing aspects are that most of the National newspapers will NOT run the story - I am pleased and encouraged that the BBC has done so as also the local Daily Echo. I have been shot at, spent time in prison but this is certainly the most disturbing event for me. Press freedom is of the essence and indeed is incorporated in the US constitution. The Boston Globe responsible for the opening up of the Catholic church in respect of the sex attacks on children.( see the film "Spotlight") The Globe is again in the past days reporting on the situation in Syria a totally different version to that that is emanating from Washington. The Boston Globe is owned by a totally independent billionaire owner long may he prosper - good on ya John!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How are the people who decided to call the Police on this matter in positions of such high responsibility? It beggars belief. It beggars belief that the Police even acted upon it.

Suspect the Police were in a position where until they knew more they had to act on it.

Being the Express I'm not gonna believe anything at face value.

Soldato
Do people really think it was because he visited the UKIP website?

edit:

Although unless the website is deemed illegal, it seems ridiculous to call the police. That goes for all political angles.

Last edited:
Soldato
How are the people who decided to call the Police on this matter in positions of such high responsibility? It beggars belief. It beggars belief that the Police even acted upon it.

There's loads of stupid people in positions of power every where, it doesn't surprise me.

I'm not a UKIP supporter (or equivalents like the French's National Front), but I think that people should still be allowed an opinion as long as it's not personal insults. What the teachers did was in line with the Orwellian 'thought police' from 1984.

Soldato
It also begs the question that the school failed it's duty of care towards the children by not having the relevant 'Harmful' websites blocked.

If you can't get to these so called extremist websites in the first place, it saves a lot wasted police time, school's time and the stress/worry to the family and the pupil.

I'm sure the school's primary concern was to protect the fragile brains of it's students and was at the forefront of staff's concerns when they pushed the big red panic button.

Soldato
What sort of country do we live in where the police pretty much ignore or bury the Rotherham scandal yet swoop on an incident like this.

Can anyone tell me in what way are UKIP are an extremist party?

Uhh, 'cos they want to have controlled immigration, and anything bad said about immigration is racist

Soldato
No. They aren't even the same regions! However I imagine they do work under the same government directives...

Pretty sure there is no government directive to allow people to get away with rape. Can I see which one you are referring to?

Soldato
Clearly this is just a shock story and UKIP website was just one of the websites he was looking at but obviously not the one they called the police about.

Anyways, its good that schools are keeping a leash on some of the stupid :p

Back
Top Bottom