1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC just crashed - Diagnosis please

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ViperZS, 4 Mar 2010.

1. ViperZS

Gangster

Hi all.

wasjust on my PC, only had Chrome open.

Then the screen went all green and the PC started beeping (alarm im guessing?)

I held the power button to turn it off. As it happens, it started itself up again, and all seems fine now

Any ideas?

Cheers

2. marc512

Wise Guy

if it started up again and works fine now. Leave it. if it does it again i would say its a power issue.

If its not broken dont fix it.

3. wakayoda

Wise Guy

has to happen a few times

4. Admiral Huddy

Caporegime

Never underestimate the Event log. Look and google for any events which are critical. This may give a clude about what's going on.

5. acharris

Hitman

I would say GPU or something overheating or like above power issue. Failing that maybe the GPUis failing or something. Need to happen more often though, as I have had the odd random crash and it has never happened again.

6. sunama

Capodecina

The odd BSOD/crash is no big deal, especially if it restarted and all is working fine now.

If having a single crash, screen freeze or auto reboot is spooking you, I can't imagine how you would've dealt with Windows 95 or Windows 98, which would generally behave erratically every few hours. I remember at one stage, Win95 was so bad that during gameplay, I would count myself lucky if I got through 4-5 hours of gaming without a BSOD (blue screen of death).