PC Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer verdict

Man of Honour
I run my own server for COD4 and control all the noob perks to make the game more enjoyable.

I guess the one good thing about all this mess is that server admins now can't change all the rules to suit their own personal playstyle. Used to be a pain constantly hopping servers to find one the admins would just let you actually play.

Was as bad playing CS and BF2 where some servers banned half the weapons :rolleyes:

Still, I'd rather put up with that than have no dedicated servers. Played last night and it was fun but the lack of choice is ridiculous. I want to play Hardcore DM with my mate. But we cant - a) Hardcore isnt unlocked yet and b) If you are in a party with a friend it wont let you into a non team game mode. Huh?!

Associate
My thoughts so far:

+ Very very fun to play
+ Haven't encountered serious lag
+ Matchmaking works surprisingly well
+ Map design is awesome, 10 times better than COD 4 and 5 times better than WAW
+ LOADS of action, loads of unlocks, it's brilliant. Perks not as overpowered as I thought they might be
+ Never felt like player numbers were low, and this was a big concern of mine

- It's still not a dedicated server, and I'm going to miss playing with random regulars on community servers
- I like to see my ping in numbers please
- I miss lean :(
- Had a few moments where I have been round a corner of a solid object and still been hit, or throwing nades being a split second delayed, hardly anything, but it just feels a little odd at times.

Overall: I love it, and I am pleasantly surprised. I'm just glad that I'm not in a clan as I would be gutted!

This was my first attempt at playing multiplayer. It started badly, but I then played for 2 hours with no problems.

Remake of Brecourt from CoD1/2?

Caporegime
looks more cod 2 . cod 1 uo version is best version almost perfection like hurtgen. will check some vids and report back.

yep more cod 2 layout tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;15292408 said:
I guess the one good thing about all this mess is that server admins now can't change all the rules to suit their own personal playstyle. Used to be a pain constantly hopping servers to find one the admins would just let you actually play.

Was as bad playing CS and BF2 where some servers banned half the weapons :rolleyes:

Still, I'd rather put up with that than have no dedicated servers. Played last night and it was fun but the lack of choice is ridiculous. I want to play Hardcore DM with my mate. But we cant - a) Hardcore isnt unlocked yet and b) If you are in a party with a friend it wont let you into a non team game mode. Huh?!

With good reason.

Last stand and marty and stupid unrealistic perks, the grenade launcher is way over powered in hardcore mode. I also ban clays as people use them for camping and I hate camping.

Associate
Lack of Hardcore mode annoys me, always played HC Cod4 but now I cant play any Hc until level 19 and then only TDM.

If starting a private game then you can switch HC on in the game options so at least I can start a game with my mates in HC mode.

While the game is alright and for £26 it will get its money's worth it certaibly wont hold my attention for as long as COD4, just feels too much like a console game. Will probaly be the last COD game I buy.

Soldato
OP
Blimey where did you get it for that price, I want a copy.

I traded in a load of old games I was going to throw out. It's not that price anywhere.

And NOOOOO! From what Fox is saying if you are in a "team" you can't join a deathmatch game?! I haven't tested that out given no-one else I know has it on PC yet, but that's ridiculous! What's the point in matchmaking if you can't take friends into the same game for a bit of free-for-all action :( I don't always want to play team deathmatch as lets face it no-one online really works as a team when you're with randoms!

Will probaly be the last COD game I buy.

To be honest Infinity Ward probably won't care about PC gamers after this one anyway. The consoles far outnumbered the PCs yesterday when I was in town looking for it. It had sold out almost everywhere apart from on PC (was trying to get a PS3 copy for my bro but failed finding one below stupid inflated prices!). IW will use this as a case that people pirated it and sales were down, lalalala, etc when the real reason is that most PC people didn't want to buy a console port of a game. It's easier for them to support the consoles than making a PC version due to all the different hardware specs out there so from a money point of view I can see what they are doing.

Last edited:
Soldato
This arrived yesterday but unfortunately I can do nothing more than unwrap it as it requires an internet connection to install via Steam and Virgin STILL haven't come to install my line yet....

Associate
To be honest Infinity Ward probably won't care about PC gamers money point of view I can see what they are doing.

This is true, lol I went to ***e to buy it and they had to go out back to get the PC version. Stacks of 360 and PS3 version in the cabinet behind. Full price though. Sickening, when places are selling it 20 pounds less.

I've enjoyed the online part so far. But it will need more to keep PC gamers interested in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom