PC Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer verdict

Soldato
Big let down this game. 9v9 sucks. I haven't had any latency problems at all but lack of high amount of players is just boring, for me anyway :) It's just too easy to die, too hard to see enemies whilst moving, makes camping and sniping more worthwhile. On a plus side the weapons are great and there seems to be a lot more access to customizing your class than in cod4. Also the game seems more 'realistic'.
Pretty darn dissapointed though and I don't reccomend shelling out £35 for this. I'm going straight back to cod4.

All i can say is dont diss the game cause your not very good at it.

Associate
Been watching the killcams and the hit boxes are wayyyyyyyyyy out lol.

Got headshotted and the bullet was no where near my head haha, still have a good time playing though :)

Soldato
OP
Have you guys encountered any cheaters yet? There's a few hacks out already.

I did see some guy get a kill through a wall who was on my team last night. There was no way he knew there was anyone on the other side as it was through a house! He just turned and shot through the wall into the distance and hit someone directly. May have just been luck tough who knows.

Either way the game will have cheats the same as COD 4 had cheats for it and any other game in existence. It's all a matter of then waiting for punkbuster or in this case Valve to update the anti-cheat mechanism. Cheating happens in any game.

COD5 had cheats on it for what felt like forever which is why I stopped playing it. The number of people getting under the map and killing people was taking the mickey and the publisher took AGES to release a patch for the levels to be fixed. That wasn't punkbuster's fault, but clipping issues with the maps.

Been watching the killcams and the hit boxes are wayyyyyyyyyy out lol.

Got headshotted and the bullet was no where near my head haha, still have a good time playing though :)

Are you the Gonzo0 that hangs out in Aunenen in Eve by any chance?!

Soldato
Either way the game will have cheats the same as COD 4 had cheats for it and any other game in existence. It's all a matter of then waiting for punkbuster or in this case Valve to update the anti-cheat mechanism. Cheating happens in any game.

The thing is, the whole point of VAC was that it waits several weeks before banning someone, so they don't know what hack it was that they were caught for. However, without the ability to kick people, it means you can download a hack, then use it for almost a month without anybody being able to do a thing about it!

Soldato
Anyone else think that footage of the Wasteland map at the end of Scarysquirrel's youtube vid looked like Breacourt Manor from United Offensive? Don't tell me they couldn't even be bothered to write new maps for it.

Soldato
Ah cool so there were never any hacks for COD4 or 5 as they were on dedicated servers. Awsome. Bring back dedicated servers!!!

Read the previous posts then edit your post and find some pie to eat. Or quit trolling and get back to your console forums...

Associate
Anyone else think that footage of the Wasteland map at the end of Scarysquirrel's youtube vid looked like Breacourt Manor from United Offensive? Don't tell me they couldn't even be bothered to write new maps for it.

recreating a map people liked is lazy now?
good god people...

Associate
Ah cool so there were never any hacks for COD4 or 5 as they were on dedicated servers. Awsome. Bring back dedicated servers!!!

ofc there was, but the great thing about pc gaming and dedicated servers was the choice to join well admin'd servers that=no cheats, aswell as servers with map rotations or mods you liked & to play with people you knew + the sense of community.
Online gaming is all about the servers to me... from ET, CSS to TF2 ive always had favourites and played on them for years.

theres no defending this match making system, its console stuff & you may aswell play on a console, me as a pc gamer wants choice, mods, admins & great servers! this is why i moved to pc gamimg many years ago

/slightly tipsy rant

Last edited:
Soldato
I read earlier that 4 bars = 100ms, what do the 1,2,3 represent ?

Been playing a bit tonight and notice on average (out of 12 people) 1 person with 4 bars, maybe 1 or 2 with 3 bars and the rest 1 and 2 bars.. I've been showing 2 bars (orange) but I normally have very little latency with Zen (way less than 100ms) so wondering what the 2 bars would be estimated at?

Back
Top Bottom