PC not booting

Associate
Hey all,

Bought a few parts from here and built it but is doesn't seem to be booting up.

My h100i spins up, fans on case turn on, can feel hdd vibrating but the gpu fan doesn't turn on but the leds in the gpu turn on.

I bought these new:
iCue 220T Case
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Platinum SE
Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz
Bitfenix Whisper M Series 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Twelve Core
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X

And I brought over my existing SSD and HDD and my GPU (RX VEGA 56) from my older build which was working perfectly. I will try again in the morning to see if it still works in my old build.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on? No boot sounds, mobo doesn't have status or lights to tell whats going on to troubleshoot which sucks.

Tried uplugging each item but same result each time. Hoping it's not something faulty that came like the PSU or mobo :<

Soldato
try using the hdmi port on you gpu, i read someware that msi boards used for the first time, can be a bit iffy.

faling that it could be a bad mobo as i have a similar issue with a freinds build, he has a similar mobo but a 2700x and no matter what i did the pc woouldn't boot, tried my spare asus x570 formula and everything worked from his build, no mater what i did to get his msi board working it didn't, in the end my freind has returned the board for a refund

Soldato
that dosnt sound good for you msi mobo, dont be supprised it could be doa, like i said earlier had very similar problems with my frends build and it turned out to be a dead mobo, sucks this close to christmas if it is

Associate
OP
that dosnt sound good for you msi mobo, dont be supprised it could be doa, like i said earlier had very similar problems with my frends build and it turned out to be a dead mobo, sucks this close to christmas if it is

Built it outside of the case and still no response from the GPU =( what makes it worse is that it's actually getting warm,same with cpu

Noticed that my psu mobo cable is a bit wonged out that looks like it got twisted when it got made but don't know if it's supposed to be like that

Associate
OP
good good XD, if not big problems, you mentined wonged out, sorry but what do you mean by this?

PSU cable just doesn't look right, in the picture you can see that it's all crossed over n stuff never had a psu motherboard cable that looked like that before thats all haha

Hoping it's just a doa mobo at least then I can stop worrying

Soldato
PSU cable just doesn't look right, in the picture you can see that it's all crossed over n stuff never had a psu motherboard cable that looked like that before thats all haha

Hoping it's just a doa mobo at least then I can stop worrying

lol no worries the cabe at the psu end in normaly all over the shot as it better here than having it on show by the mobo side, would look really ugly

Soldato
have you checked which slots your ram is in? usally slot 2 and 4 will alow the pc to boot, if you put then into 1 and 3 the computer wont post as the cpu can't detect any ram, fans will spin at full speed until power down

Associate
OP
I plugged in some USB stuff
have you checked which slots your ram is in? usally slot 2 and 4 will alow the pc to boot, if you put then into 1 and 3 the computer wont post as the cpu can't detect any ram, fans will spin at full speed until power down

Just swapped them to 2&4 still nothing, I also plugged in a usb webcam to see if the light would come on and it flicked for a split second then just didn't turn on so i'm assuming my mobo is just faulty

Soldato
if you have no joy with the ram in the correct slots i'd say its a bad mobo, you could look at gigabyte options they have some pretty good deals plus they have a rep on the forums if anything goes wrong (GIGAman) i think.

asus are a good choice too but you will pay a bit for mobo's

edit

what is the exact model of your motherboard?

Associate
OP
if you have no joy with the ram in the correct slots i'd say its a bad mobo, you could look at gigabyte options they have some pretty good deals plus they have a rep on the forums if anything goes wrong (GIGAman) i think.

asus are a good choice too but you will pay a bit for mobo's

edit

what is the exact model of your motherboard?

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
Revision 1.0
MB-57X-GI

Soldato
god dam it i need to read the specs you have a gigabyte mobo doh!, specsavers i think :o

just had a quick look and your board has support for all 3rd gen cpus from bios version f3, which is first release from gigabyte, very odd, is you ram on the qvl list (qualified vendor list), look at your manual and it should be in there which ram kits will work

Associate
OP
god dam it i need to read the specs you have a gigabyte mobo doh!, specsavers i think :o

Gaming X similar to MSI haha, I just looked up the mobo and it seems a lot of the same issue is popping up sadly and all were doa

edit:

should have looked at reviews it looks like a load of people have a similar issue of just not booting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom