PC Restarting Before Boot

Associate
OP
Got the motherboard, connected everything up and still no boot. No beeps. Nothing. However the graphics card is restarting itself, the lights on the graphics card i'm assuming it uses like a post beep are flashing on and off in sequence with the fan. It wasn't doing this with the old motherboard. I have no idea what's going on.

Associate
OP
i did actually forget to put the 2 x 6 power connectors into the card, but have done that and get the same result. Also if i turn the board off using the power button on the case then it just starts up again(it's all still out of the case and i have been using a screwdriver to start the board up).

Associate
when you say theres no beeps, are you making sure that there is a speaker plugged in? most boards these days do not come with a speaker which i find rather strange considering most enthusiasts would want them.

it could be the CPU, if possible you could try to find another to test it out

Associate
Hey dude is that the ripsaw memory modules?

I am getting a similar problem where my PC restarts for 9 seconds, then restarts again for another 9 seconds and then once more, it will then boot up perfectly normal.

Associate
OP
tested the other graphics card and it made no difference. Took it down to a local PC shop and although the guy looked clueless he did think it was the CPU. Does it sound like a CPU issue?

Associate
OP
i put everything back in the case and am getting 3 short beeps then the system restarts then it continuously does short beeps. Still no BIOS screen

Last edited:
Associate
Your not alone, i too have had this before when i first built my pc i had a Asus P5B but then swiftly moved on to a P35C-DS3R and the thing just wouldnt boot up, my card would be on full my drives would tick but nothing would show and at this point i got really annoyed so i unplugged everything connected to the board and plugged it all back in and it started fine after that until i installed 7 if i left it and it hibernated it wouldnt come back all my fans would stay on until i unplugged everything, happend 4 or 5 times

i tried to dig a bit deaper on what had happend but couldnt find anything :(

Associate
During bootup motherboard beeps, if there's something wrong with any of the components installed on it (except BIOS responsible for beeping).
So try to take out some components (or all of them) and see if mobo beeps or not. If it it doesn't with no components, it means mobo or BIOS is corrupted. Otherwise you can specify which part causes not beeping - and that must be a culprit.

Back
Top Bottom