PC Restarts ?? Lack of Power/Volts/CPU/MEMORY ?

Permabanned
leedrummond said:
not yet mate, it hasnt crashed since ive put the 1 stick of 512 in ....

lol typical jsut when i want it to crash it wont.... ill be leaving pc on all day though so something might happen by tonight...

however i am noticing a lot of websites arent loading, or seem to be making my cpu work a lot...... when i say work a lot, it makes a higher pitch sound when i access websites...

im trying to look for any more viruses or spyware, but pc cillin says my system in clean... can you reccomend any FREE adware / spyware / virus scanner for me to check ?

Hmm..

Well as I said, I had the same screen coming up as you and when I only ran one stick of RAM it stopped. In the end I swapped my RAM for a different brand (from GeIL to Corsair) and now it runs fine no problems...

You say it's only just starting to happen? How long before it started happenin had your PC been running fine? Days or months?

When I originally built my PC I had my RAM in single channel and it was crashing in games every time I loaded one up. I swapped over to Dual Channel and it ran fine for 2-3 days but then the crashes started...

I'd say perhaps your mobo doesn't like running two sticks of the certain brand of RAM you have, but will run one just fine. But it all depends on how long it was running fine before I guess..

Associate
OP
AAAAAHHHHHHHH
come to turn on pc ( IM ON LAPTOP NOW... )

and im faced with the blue screen with error message ..

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

It then suggests a restart, if this is the first time, so i restart my pc and i continue to get the same error msg, and my pc will not boot into windows :(
ivetried save mode with networking too, and not even that works.

i have tried swapping memory around, and also disconnecting/reconnecting my hard drive cables to motherboard

any suggestions please ?

daz

daz

Soldato
Seems like your hard drive or windows installation is broken.

Try booting to the recovery console (using your windows XP CD) and using the commands:-

fixboot
fixmbr

Associate
OP
cheers daz, wil try that ..

do you know if theres a chance of loosing data from my HD ?

ther er some very impotent docs on there that were not backed up on my last backup..
i cant afford to loose them really.

p.s not able to get hold of my xpcd until the weekend as i left it at my gf's last weekend :( so it will be sunday at the earliest i can get it back :( boo whoo

Back
Top Bottom