PC Running Slow.

Associate
OP
Cheers man. I have noticed a speed up I moved my Documents to my D: and that freed up 70 gig so C: is fast but now D: is slow lol

Associate
OP
Screw this pc is not acting as it should I'm gonna try and repair via xp cd if that doesn't work just gonna do a reinstall. Really dont wanna :(

img

img

Associate
well a fresh install you can see if there is hardware problem or if it gets slow after a particular driver or software. bit long winded

Soldato
hp7909 said:
To monitor, Speedfan. Analyse maybe SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2007 & CPU-Z ;)

Also, changed from SystemWorks to the excellent TuneUp Utilities 2006. Also consider investing in Diskeeper 10.

Other programs you should/must have installed (& run/update/etc regularly) are:
  • CCleaner
  • SpywareBlaster
  • Windows Defender
  • Lavasoft Ad-Aware
All freebies which can be found here :cool:

Have all of those myself minus the spyware ones you listed. Just not needed when you have an AV that monitors that to, plus a decent browser.

Tuneup Utilities and Diskeeper i use quite regularly.

Soldato
t31os said:
{snip}Just not needed when you have an AV that monitors that to, plus a decent browser{snip}
lol :eek: :) What I listed is the best in its class :p

Since moving from Norton software, I don't trust/like all-in-one type software :(

Associate
Could the OP's username be any more ironic considering the subject of this thread? :D
Take your own advice and CLEAN dude! People have suggested some decent antivirus programs and adware removers (although nobody seems to have suggested Spybot S&D which is my personal favourite...), so get downloading!
Clean said:
I only use norton system works occasionally.
And start with THIS!! Although I would say "clean" is really too good for it - nuke is more like it!:p

Associate
OP
You mistook what I meant by ONLY. I meant i only used that peice of software occasionally.

I use Kasperky, Zone Alarm Pro, Tune Up Ulities, Ad-Aware, Tweek XP Pro a few other things aswell.

Associate
Clean said:
You mistook what I meant by ONLY. I meant i only used that peice of software occasionally.
I know that man but it's still screwing you up: Systemdoctor.exe is resident whether you're using it or not, and you probably have recycle bin protection on as well. Uninstall and you'll see a difference, especially if you're also using Norton antivirus! For the rest, a nice good clean with Spybot S&D will sort you out! ;)

Soldato
t31os said:
I use NOD32, its currently rated as the one of, if not the top AV protection.
I still think that you need to have a spy-ware program like Lavasoft Ad-Aware & run it every 2-weeks. As good as your AV is, spyware infection is unavoidable IMO, i.e. some time or some how, you'll get stuff will get through because it doesn't seem different from other traffic :D

Think about it. Makes sense because, why have scanning features (e.g. Quick scan, Full System scan, Schedule scan, etc) built into the software if it can stop the spyware at the 'gate' anyway?

Associate
OP
I uninstalled Norton, and used a few extra programs etc to clean up pc then I benchmarked against my own CPU and It didnt do aswell.?

Gonna bench mark everythign and see whats up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom