PC Seems Kinda Slow? (+ other issues)

Associate
I'm not sure what's going on but my PC seems to struggle, I mean it can play games like Warzone, GTAV etc. okay but its not..great? It's ever so slightly choppy not unplayable but noticable, I've tried lowering settings etc. but the issue persists.

It also tends to shut itself down every so often, no idea why. Anyone able to point me in a direction to investigate?

PC:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
  • VENGEANCE RGB PRO BLACK 32GB
  • be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W 80 Plus Gold
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming RGB 8192MB
I'm currently in the proccess of backing up all my files to fully reset the PC in the hopes it resolves it, but the reason I'm asking is if the could be a hardware issues thats obvious in that list above?

Man of Honour
Can you run a benchmark like 3d mark to check scores?

What's the SSD?

I assume you've checked temps, etc?

Speed of the memory?

Associate
OP
Can you run a benchmark like 3d mark to check scores?

What's the SSD?

I assume you've checked temps, etc?

Speed of the memory?

I'll benchmark after resetting PC as its already in the proccess.
RAM is Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit
CPU Temp sits around 62°C - 69°C when playing games (i.e heavily modded MC, Warzone etc.)

Associate
Shutting down could indicate a power supply issue. Seems like it definitely should be enough wattage bit maybe it's at fault. That's what I would check if resetting does nothing.

Associate
Download HWiNFO and run it as sensor only. While it's running start a game and play for 10-15 minutes so the system has a chance to heat up and stabilise temps. Once you've done that check HWiNFO maximum readings for CPU, GPU, VRAM temps, also check it's readings for your SSD/HDD if you have any drive failure, or warnings. Skim through all the other sensor readouts, you might spot something else.

Back
Top Bottom