PC wont boot

Associate
Powercool 80 plus 750watt PSU
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard.
AMD FX8350 CPU
Radeon R9 290 GPU

Hi all a little help here, the builds 2 years old, always worked perfectly up until last weekend, no hardware changes or even software changes.

I was playing a game and all of a sudden the monitor switched off, the fans ect were all still going, I restarted and around 5 minutes after booting it did the same again, I ran windows memory tester with no errors and tried again to no avail, the monitor would switch off randomly even in bios, then it came back on and worked perfectly for a few days until it did it again and now the monitor never comes on but the fans all come on, disc dive works ect.

The CPU fan spins and stops over and over, I removed the CPU and the fan stays on, when I refitted it the fan stops and starts again.

I have a case speaker but it makes no noise, I cant remember if it ever did.

The monitor works perfectly fine, tried different HDMI ports ect but no problems there.

I've stripped it down pulled all fans GPU and drives out, tried different RAM, one stick but Im getting nowhere.

Im thinking faulty motherboard, what do you lot reckon ?

Associate
OP
A update to this, I got a new motherboard to try (Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P) and everything works perfectly again BUT when trying to unplug the 12v from the original motherboard it wouldnt budge, i finally got out with some pliers and saw it had slightly melted to the motherboard (see pic), now the new motherboard only uses half of that connector so could be why it still works.

So do I buy a new PSU and try the old board knowing its a lot better than the new board or say whatever and use the new board.

20170121_163705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom