• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PCI video card

Associate
PCI graphics card

A friend has just bought a Samsung 1920x1080 LCD display and his XP PC won't support that resolution. I think he has on-board graphics so I assume installing the latest Samsug driver won't help in this case. So the solution could be a separate graphics card. I'm waiting for a Belarc Advisor file from him but I'm pretty sure he may not have PCI-express. Could anyone suggest an inexpensive PCI graphics card for him? Performance isn't paramount, lowish price is. I can only see PCI-Express in Overclockers shop.
Unfortunately I can't get to see the PC - he lives 200 miles away.
Any help much appreciated - on his behalf!

Many thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
A friend has just bought a Samsung 1920x1080 LCD display and his XP PC won't support that resolution. I think he has on-board graphics so I assume installing the latest Samsug driver won't help in this case. So the solution could be a separate graphics card. I'm waiting for a Belarc Advisor file from him but I'm pretty sure he may not have PCI-express. Could anyone suggest an inexpensive PCI graphics card for him? Performance isn't paramount, lowish price is. I can only see PCI-Express in Overclockers shop.
Unfortunately I can't get to see the PC - he lives 200 miles away.
Any help much appreciated - on his behalf!

Many thanks

Looks like you will have to go to a competitor - lots around from what i can see

Back
Top Bottom