Peace in the middle east?

Caporegime
teaboy5 said:
Muffin your starting to sound like me.

No need for sarcasm there, boy.

Also, how much in the way of natural resources? Can the area support it's self or is it required to import from Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia?

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Yeah, but he thought that clearing out the Jews would be a final solution
For a start why would the withdrawal of western support mean the death of the Jews?

Secondly I don't think the Arabs wish to see genocide. They just don't want to see them settle in what was their country and declare it as their own. Which is after all invasion by the back door. Something that was supposedly made illegal by international law after the Second World War.

Soldato
Stretch said:
For a start why would the withdrawal of western support mean the death of the Jews?

He said, no Israel = no Problem, Jews are most of the inhabitants of Israel and they wont just disappear... although disappearing Jews is something Hitler had another unpleasant solution for

Secondly I don't think the Arabs wish to see genocide. They just don't want to see them settle in what was their country and declare it as their own. Which is after all invasion by the back door. Something that was supposedly made illegal by international law after the Second World War.

Apart from the various attempts to invade Israel, suicide bombs, threats and general popularity of Mein Kampf in the Arab world?

Associate
Well, will there ever be peace between Israel and Palastine? I mean real and everlasting peace?.

no

even if if Kofi Anan gives g.dubbya his christmas and birthday presents at once and lets him reduce the entire middle east to smouldering irradiated atoms, one set of smouldering irradiated atoms will still want to kill the set of smouldering irradiated atoms next to them.

this is the gift that organised religion gives to the human race.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
He said, no Israel = no Problem, Jews are most of the inhabitants of Israel and they wont just disappear... although disappearing Jews is something Hitler had another unpleasant solution for
Not if you’re looking at it retrospectively. There would have been no state of Israel had it not been for western support, and the state of Israel should have never been allowed to form in the first place. If the Americans love them so much then I'm sure they'd be welcomed over there with open arms. After all there are only 15 million Jews in the world. If there not prepared to have them then I don't see why they should expect anyone else to. I agree they need somewhere to go, the problem is so do the Palestinians, and after all they were living they’re quite happily first.
cleanbluesky said:
Apart from the various attempts to invade Israel, suicide bombs, threats and general popularity of Mein Kampf in the Arab world?
Comparing what happend in Nazi Germany with what's happening in Israel is ridiculous.

Associate
Israel has turned a barren land into a very prosperous agricultural and technological nation.

And how many times are people going to ignorantly claim that Israel took the land out of some arab country? There was no country there! It was a piece of land administered by Britain that contained arabs and Jews. 2/3 of the land was split off and made into an arab country now called Jordan and then the last 3rd was going to be split into another arab country and a little plot for the Jews. The arabs rejected this and thus started the war of independence with the surrounding arab people coming in to try and wipe the Jews out. The Jews won and gained a larger portion of that 3rd with Jordan taking was is now the west bank and Egypt taking the Gaza strip.

Associate
Stretch said:
Not if you’re looking at it retrospectively. There would have been no state of Israel had it not been for western support, and the state of Israel should have never been allowed to form in the first place. If the Americans love them so much then I'm sure they'd be welcomed over there with open arms. After all there are only 15 million Jews in the world. If there not prepared to have them then I don't see why they should expect anyone else to. I agree they need somewhere to go, the problem is so do the Palestinians, and after all they were living they’re quite happily first.

Comparing what happend in Nazi Germany with what's happening in Israel is ridiculous.

So you're saying that Jews to don't have the right to self determination? After constant persecution in 2000 years in exile since they had a homeland in what is now Israel you're saying they have no right to their own piece of land where they can determine their own fate and defend themselves?

Thats as anti-semitic as they come.

Oh and America didnt provide Israel with support during its creation.

Soldato
Stretch said:

It's called The Holocaust Industry and has been a standard response in defending Israel.

Although I do agree with, it is beyond prespostorous to beleive that. In fact a more fitting similarity would be to compare Israel to South Africa during the Apartheid, an assertion that can easily be backed up by both past and current policies.

Associate
Stretch said:
Although I do largely agree with that comment, it wouldn't solve the problem. There has always been, and will always be trouble in this part of the world. Israel just makes it worse. The west should certainly stop supporting them if only for a short while. The state of Israel is a terrorist state if ever I saw one. :(

That’s because until recently Israel didn’t exists at all, and the processes that formed the state were underhand to say the leased. Would you accept it if the Jews had taken it apron them selves to form a state in southeast England. I doubt it, especially if it had been you parents who'd lost there home in the process. Israel is not a peaceful country, their short history has been one long war first with Britain and then with the Arabs. And they do this because they believe it's their "god given right". Sound familiar.

well said.

Soldato
Gedalia_w said:
So you're saying that Jews to don't have the right to self determination? After constant persecution in 2000 years in exile since they had a homeland in what is now Israel you're saying they have no right to their own piece of land where they can determine their own fate and defend themselves?
Yes, that's what I'm saying. They can defend themselves, but not attack others. There's a difference.

Soldato
Gedalia_w said:
Israel has turned a barren land into a very prosperous agricultural and technological nation.

And how have they done this?

By stealing the best land they could get.
By America giving it something close to £140 billion dollars.
By crushing the Palestinians and using them as a cheap labour force.

Back
Top Bottom