1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peeing in public?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by IAmATeaf, 29 Sep 2009.

1. IAmATeaf

Soldato

Bear with me on this and I couldn't think or be bothered with a more meaningful thread title and it it loosely car related.

Having a drunken loud chat a few weeks ago with a few friends, somehow got to the subject of being caught short and wanting desperately to go for a pee and how if the old bill catch you then they can fine you.

One of my friends said that if you are driving (sober) and you need a pee best thing to do is stop the car and pee on your own tyres. Apparently as you are peeing on your own property there's nothing that the police can do. I did mention that the end result was still the same in that the pee still ends up on public property but my friend was adamant that he was correct.

Anybody heard of this or was this guy yanking my chain?

2. Dano

Sgarrista

If you're pregnant you can ask a copper for his hat to have a pee in too!

3. Participant

Caporegime

Peeing on your tyres is your own property yes but how ridiculous since as you say the pee dribbles down onto the road anwyay.

What I don't understand is how it's generally acceptable (isn't it?) to pee in a field on the side of the road. At what point does the law against public urination become enforceable?

What is the difference between me peeing into someone's field on the side of a motorway and dropping trou on the way home from the pub and letting rip in someone's garden?

No way would a policeman fine you for allowing your four year old boy or girl to pee on the side of the road.

4. peterattheboro

Capodecina

Could you also poke your willy out the window and pee from your own car?

You'd have to be pretty flexible though :)

5. jamief

Soldato

Because in a town centre full of pubs and public toilets you don't need to stand in full view and take a leak?

Peeing at the side of the road is generally an emergency - you don't see it often.

6. DJMK4

Capodecina

What about if you stand outside and pee into your car from the outside window.

1) Your own property
    2) its not going to drip down

they wont have a leg to stand on.

7. log1K

Gangster

Surely that would involve showing the little man to the world. I'm sure there's a law against that.

Good idea though!

8. Ricochet J

Capodecina

What about if you pee in the washer fluid resevoir and none of it dribbles on the road/pavement?

9. Vampyre

Hitman

I always assumed it was a public indecency offence rather than a 'you're peeing on public property' offence so I don't think whose tyres they were would make any difference

10. Skiddley

Mobster

Stick you willy right into the fuel filler hole...no leakage, no exposure, possible MPG improvement? :)

11. jamief

Soldato

I think that is correct - it isn't the act of peeing, its the act of public indecency that on the spot fines are given for. I was coming out of a concert at Hampden the other week and I heard a copper say to some guy "public indecency" blah blah, then about 5 seconds later "well put it away then". Guy was just standing there looking a bit shocked with his tadger out!

12. Sin_Chase

Capodecina

I think you would be hard pressed to get "done by the law" assuming:

-There were no nearby provisions
    -You made best efforts to get away from the road/other people

Waving it around yelling "Woooooo" and making patterns on the tarmac clearly is not going to do you any favours.

13. Participant

Caporegime

And adjust the jet nozzles to point sideways for pavement pedestrian soaking hilarity.

14. Ricochet J

Capodecina

:D

15. Participant

Caporegime

I might be on the way back from the train station and suddenly realise I have two choices: wee on someone's flowerbed or **** myself. I have no chance of reaching the nearest public convenience which is half a mile away. I'd call that an emergency equal to being on the motorway about to wet my car seats.

I'm just trying to conveyed state that the law cannot be enforced based on the perceived degree of requirement for relief.

16. Haggisman

Capodecina

I've heard that somewhere before too, and I believe it only applies to taxi drivers.

17. mattyprice4004

Soldato

I let one out on the way back from the Workshire meet, and a load of the OcUK group went past and thought I'd broken down :D

18. BigglesPiP

Capodecina

Peeing from a moving car is an aerodynamic minefield...

19. Participant

Caporegime

Back in my school days, people used to pee in plastic coke bottles and send them rolling around the floor waiting for someone to pick it up and realise it was warm.

Someone also peed in the coach isle after we'd been to London for a play and had a few beers in the interval.

20. 4T5

Man of Honour

You are allowed to Pee up your inside rear wheel in an emergency & you can also ask a Copper to shield you with his Cape/Coat.