Peltiers anyone use them ?

Soldato
kablooey said:
What kind of phase unit do you need for an overclocked quad-core? I'm guessing a standard vapo/machII wouldn't cope with the heat?

It would certainly be very stretched. You'd be looking at least a modded and regassed Mach2/Vapo, or more ideally a full custom unit designed and charged to handle the high load.

Caporegime
OP
Something like this?

1.jpg

ACC MP12LA compressor
Chilly1 evaporator Head
402a Gas
'Golden Froster Value'
No load cools to about -66c

Last edited:
Associate
easyrider said:
That look ok for quad then?

Depends on what heatload its tuned to. Most builders seem to tune to 180-200w, that'll be fine

IMO Gray or Johann are the builders to look for in the uk :) Both of their work is superb and aftercare seems top notch from both

Soldato
easyrider said:
That look ok for quad then?

With a bigger condenser fitted, yes. To give an idea of temps, at the moment i'm Priming at 315x10 1:1 @1.63vcore. Dual load at the cpu is -13 true temp and the evap is -59. Idle temps are -63 at the evap and -32 at the cpu. If quad core is more efficient and using lower vcore then i think it will handle it, but only time will tell. Obviously a bigger condenser will only make things even better.

Caporegime
OP
OC_A64 said:
Depends on what heatload its tuned to. Most builders seem to tune to 180-200w, that'll be fine

IMO Gray or Johann are the builders to look for in the uk :) Both of their work is superb and aftercare seems top notch from both

Sweet :)

Soldato
any specific reason you decided not to jump on my box mate?

it's identical tho those you have posted, mod done by johann but looks better (vapo panels) and cheaper

in fact that MP12 compressor sux....very loud

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
marscay said:
any specific reason you decided not to jump on my box mate?

it's identical tho those you have posted, mod done by johann but looks better (vapo panels) and cheaper

in fact that MP12 compressor sux....very loud

I paid £310 delivered and have a 12 month warranty and phone support from gray himself.

With be being a noob at phase (never done it) the price and the warranty swayed it for me.

He also said he will guarantee it will be ok for my quad or he'll retune it for free.

People are correct about the support he offers.He seems a top bloke :)

Soldato
Starfall said:
Gray's already quit building for others, Johann's almost certainly out too in a couple of months, it's a great loss to the UK scene...

i haven't spoken to johann in awhile but a few mths back was looking like he was going back to sth africa.

with him and gray mole out the UK scene is basically dead.

Caporegime
OP
marscay said:
wow that's a nice price, i'd prolly have done the same, except i don't like that compressor.

hope it works out for ya. :)

cheers mate,

I'm goona start my installation thread for all you phase gurus to guide me through.

You are most welcome to lend your expertise ! :)

Back
Top Bottom