People and beaches

Caporegime
I went to Skegness for the day, a few weeks back when we had a bit of a rainy cold spell, I had never been and won't ever go again. I was expecting the place to be fairly quiet for a working week day and with the weather being not so great, but the place was pretty busy. I can't imagine what it would be like now in this hot spell.

Skegness.. Not great. One of the beaches I. Went to once.. Never again. The bad rep seemed fair.

Permabanned
It's as much a cultural thing as anything I suppose. Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of them when they're busy, I have quite aggressive agoraphobia that's triggered pretty severely by empty beaches so having them relatively full means I can be at one without hyperventilating. Life's a laugh!

Having said that my Mom and Dad have a static situated in Oxwich and there's some glorious little coves to be had there which me and the partner have spent days at a time on. The smaller and more enclosed the beach the better I am generally.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Weymouth for me. Probably the most depressing town I've ever been to.

I pulled off a blinding con job on a hotel owner in Weymouth in my early thirties, no one was hurt, no one lost money, so it was a victimless caper, scratch that, a victimless grey lie, (I’d be kidding myself if I said a white lie.)

Man of Honour
Try Clacton On Sea. I think they prescribe it as a first step in depression cases. Seriously a half day there will make most people feel better about their situation in life.

No one who’s been unfortunate enough to have visited there could surely dispute that.

Soldato
Don't see the point of the beach, what is there to do other than...walk around? I'd rather watch a movie or play a game.
Although I don't see the point in interacting with other people unless its necessary so it may just be my anti-social nature and the beach is full of....people *shudder*

Soldato
Was at Devon Cliffs caravan park all last week. School wasn't out so it was lovely. Spent hours every day on the beach chilling, playing with the kids, swimming etc.

Yes, we were naughty and took them out of school but leaving the country in a month anyway and they'll be back a week earlier than here so YOLO :p

Soldato
Was at Devon Cliffs caravan park all last week. School wasn't out so it was lovely. Spent hours every day on the beach chilling, playing with the kids, swimming etc.

Yes, we were naughty and took them out of school but leaving the country in a month anyway and they'll be back a week earlier than here so YOLO :p
RM still up there being annoying as hell with all their helicoptering and early morning shouting?

Soldato

TBF that beach is a gem when the seaweed aint hanging around! I use to work the cafe above it in my youth, sitting on the terrace after closing enjoying a cold beer in peak summer, to this day i dont think i've had a better pint! it almost made the pitiful wage/customers worth it :D

Soldato
Water is good for the soul. Sea, river, lake, even a pond. We came from the water so it is no surprise it makes us feel good. I'm lucky enough to live right next to the Thames in Oxfordshire, it's relaxing, peaceful and if I move away it will to be by the sea.

Back
Top Bottom