People and beaches

Soldato
I can understand hating busy crowded beaches, well not the beach the people on them but I am there every week at some quiet spot, very mindful, I collect sea glass and driftwood for my projects, or just having a bodyboard.
Winter can be magical on a sunny day or just storm watching, this is my favourite cave on favorite beach, I can virtually have it to myself put of season, great seal place

Screenshot-20210723-051157-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

So would do that place first maybe, get some driftwood and chill, then maybe stop off at Towan beach, basically so sheltered it cleans up a. Messy blown out swell (but with scary close outs) the surf schools are out all year, great social atmosphere
Guess we all have different ideas of what living is about

Screenshot-20210723-050851-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Using the scavenged driftwood in the entrance to my tranquility section, tallest probebly 2mtrs from Perranporth, roses starting to grow up it

IMG-20210723-060009.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I can understand hating busy crowded beaches, well not the beach the people on them but I am there every week at some quiet spot, very mindful, I collect sea glass and driftwood for my projects, or just having a bodyboard.
Winter can be magical on a sunny day or just storm watching, this is my favourite cave on favorite beach, I can virtually have it to myself put of season, great seal place

So would do that place first maybe, get some driftwood and chill, then maybe stop off at Towan beach, basically so sheltered it cleans up a. Messy blown out swell (but with scary close outs) the surf schools are out all year, great social atmosphere
Guess we all have different ideas of what living is about

Screenshot-20210723-050851-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Using the scavenged driftwood in the entrance to my tranquility section, tallest probebly 2mtrs from Perranporth, roses starting to grow up it

Sounds and looks perfect to me. Exactly why I want to move down south towards you :)

Associate
We recently hired a beach hut for the day which made the day out miles better. It was only ~£30 for the day and meant that we could arrive early with loads of supplies and didn't have to worry about lugging stuff around or when the tide was due in.

Soldato
Just don't go to the popular places. My girlfriend is Spanish so when we go back to hers we always go to hidden local ones.

UK is a bit rubbish due to the amount of people that go when the weather is warm. That's what I loved about Australia when I visited, you could pull up at the side of the road along the coast and take a little sandy pathway down to the beach, miles to yourself.

Caporegime
There's a giant swimming pool,
The ground doesn't make you dirty,
And there's a cool breeze on hot days.

I can see why there's an appeal

@Jean-F

UK is a bit rubbish due to the amount of people that go when the weather is warm. That's what I loved about Australia when I visited, you could pull up at the side of the road along the coast and take a little sandy pathway down to the beach, miles to yourself.

lol I have only ever been on one overcrowded beach and that was as a kid on holiday in Cornwall. Went to South Shields last weekend arrived 11am parked immediately no problem and it was never overcrowded. Busy when we left after 3-4 hours but still not crowded.
Seahouses and bamburgh are even quieter and have spent many a day out and holiday there (and rock pools).

Not understanding why people go to the beach (when it’s so warm) with a cooling breeze off the sea and a relaxing swim is hilarious or stupid. Not sure which

Soldato
lol I have only ever been on one overcrowded beach and that was as a kid on holiday in Cornwall. Went to South Shields last weekend arrived 11am parked immediately no problem and it was never overcrowded. Busy when we left after 3-4 hours but still not crowded.
Seahouses and bamburgh are even quieter and have spent many a day out and holiday there (and rock pools).

Not understanding why people go to the beach (when it’s so warm) with a cooling breeze off the sea and a relaxing swim is hilarious or stupid. Not sure which
Wow, just checked out Bamburgh that looks amazing. Shame it's so far from me

Soldato
Not many Cornish at work tbh, me from nearLeeds Afew Midlands, london, Doncaster, guess loads are like me, holiday here but want it every day rather than going back to the citys

Do you mean not many work? Doesn't surprise me if so :D

I'm currently just outside Birmingham in Dudley. We only get down for holidays, but our 5 year plan is to move permanently :) I pretty much WFH 90% of the time and will continue forever (thanks Covid). My wife is a Nurse with prescribing - should be doable :)

Soldato
Best thing I ever did was move down here. Basically only good life decision I've made
Pretty much the same in my case academic and work fail, relationship disasters but when I go to grab a coffee with my dad up Leeds way he's so proud to announce to anyone who will listen where I've moved to and the house Lifestyle I have, nowt else to brag about for sure

Soldato
The only time I’ve enjoyed a day at the beach as an adult was when we had free use of a beach hut at Southwold.

I've been going there since I was little. It's not like that now. On a Sunny weekend day & the School hols most of North London decides to pay a visit. Pier Avenue, which is the main road to the beach is plagued with traffic. It goes quiet when the shops shut though. Try getting a parking place on such a day, my advice is go there early.

The winter is much better though the beach cafes are shut then.

Back
Top Bottom