People you would like to meet?

Soldato
iCraig said:
Ricky Gervais.

:eek: I can't stand that guy!

If you can choose people from the past? Mine's would probably have to be Stand Laurel and Oliver Hardy :) ...absolute legends! I'd also love to meet Billy Connelly, a great guy, and one of the best comedians :)

Permabanned
Mekrel said:
Such as that bloke with the really badly scared faced from fire. He was on that kids bravery awards years ago.

As people pointed out, that was Simon Weston. He was on the Sir Galahad in the falklands when it was hit by a torpedo. He got the burns going back in to the fire to pull his mate out - but his mate was already dead.
I've met him a couple of times, and he's a top bloke. I sat down and had a good 15 minutes chat with him once, he's very funny and a real inspiration. I once asked him who he'd like to meet, and he gave the name of a fighter pilot who lost both his legs and continued flying.

I would like to meet General Sir Mike Jackson, and Al Murray.
Anyone met either of them?

Soldato
Pebbles said:
David Attenborough
Michael Palin
Jenny Pitman

Between them they should make for an interesting evening :)
David Attenborough would be great to meet, the knowledge that man knows on animals amazing. :eek: :cool:

Soldato
Chris Rock - Too funny
Dennis Leary - Funny, but stole a lot Of Bill Hick's act (would have Bill hicks but he's dead lol)
Bill Clinton - Always liked him, and i think America would have voted him in a 3rd time if they could, great prez, would love to talk to him about the current state of the world
Bono - So i could punch him and give 90% of his Money to make poverty history, and he would still have tens of Millions in Cash, although i used to love U2 by the way lol
Michelle Branch - Yum and she plays guitar
David Caruso - Horatio Caine in CSI: Miami, i would just love my pic to be taken with him, would be legendary lol he is soooooo cheesy he is cool lol

Man of Honour
iCraig said:
Karl Pilkington.

I'm sure having a conversation with him would be amazing. Not intelligent or inspiring in any way, but still amazing.

I think you've been taken in by the myth. When I first heard the Gervais podcasts I wondered who the idiot was and it soon became apparent he was actually a comedy genius. The line that did it for me was when they were talking about chameleons and Pilkington asked "What colour would it turn if it was on a mirror?". That was a well rehearsed question.
I then got hold of the XFM podcasts and Pilkington is a completely different character and its Merchant who's being picked on.

Mekrel said:
Such as that bloke with the really badly scarred faced from fire. He was on that kids bravery awards years ago.

What would you talk about?
You were on a ship that got hit by a missile and you woke up in a hospital and endured years of pain and operations - what was it like?
I'm not taking anything away from the guy because he's gone through hell but it wouldn't make for very interesting conversation.
My cousin got blew up in Spain about 3 months ago and he's going through the same thing but not exactly a lot to talk about.
Switches light on > bang > wakes up one month later unable to use his body.

I'd like to sit down in a pub with Ozzy Osbourne and talk about old Sabbath and touring stories. In fact, Tony Iommi has been very interesting on Planet Rock radio station.

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
I think you've been taken in by the myth. When I first heard the Gervais podcasts I wondered who the idiot was and it soon became apparent he was actually a comedy genius. The line that did it for me was when they were talking about chameleons and Pilkington asked "What colour would it turn if it was on a mirror?". That was a well rehearsed question.
I then got hold of the XFM podcasts and Pilkington is a completely different character and its Merchant who's being picked on.

You think people believe he is that deliberately stupid? It's his outlook on life that is fascinating. So simple, and so funny. His statements are obviously scripted just for the podcasts.

Soldato
Tru said:
I'd like to meet Michael Palin. I think he's a very interesting bloke and would have some great stories to tell over a fine Port.
My dad has had dinner with him twice. He is indeed a very interesting bloke.

Soldato
Conrad11 said:
Michael Jackson - genuinely the most amazing person

He's a great singer, and used to be very very talented. He's completed wasted himself though, and is thought of as a "weirdo" now, and I kinda agree, I dislike him now.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
My cousin got blew up in Spain about 3 months ago and he's going through the same thing but not exactly a lot to talk about.
Switches light on > bang > wakes up one month later unable to use his body.

I remember that thread, how is he doing?

Associate
mrdbristol said:
Professor Stephen W. Hawking

Genius.

Cheers,

Mark
All you have to do is get accepted into Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge and you can go drinking with him!

cobra said:
I've met him a couple of times, and he's a top bloke. I sat down and had a good 15 minutes chat with him once, he's very funny and a real inspiration. I once asked him who he'd like to meet, and he gave the name of a fighter pilot who lost both his legs and continued flying.
You mean Douglas Bader?

Soldato
I wouldnt mind meeting Elisha Cuthbert or Maria Sharapova :D

seriously tho i wouldnt mind if i got to meet bruce lee or jet li that would be so awesome :cool:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Stephen Fry - Modest, witty and incredibly intelligent. Also the author of one of my favourite books. Met him briefly at a book signing when I was about twelve but failed to engage in any kind of banter other than 'Hi'.

Ringo Starr - He never talks seriously in interviews and appears quite guarded. Would be nice to hear some stories and have a chat. I'd ask him why Paul McCartney's songwriting went downhill after The Beatles; because he stopped eating meat, or because he stopped eating drugs?

Shakira - Because I need to confirm that her body indeed moves like that in real life.

Victoria Wood - Clever both comically and musically and a great character actor. I don't often find female comedians funny but she certainly is.

Billy Connolly - You wouldn't even have to say anything, just sit there and listen and laugh.

All I can think of right now.

Back
Top Bottom