** Peripheral Showcase **

Soldato
My Filco Ninja has just arrived, whilst I was waiting I ordered some O rings and a couple of coloured WASD replacement sets. Sticking with the greens for now.

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I'm really impressed so far, went for the cherry red option and with the O rings fitted it's a joy to use.

Sorry for terribad pics:

1zbdhqp.jpg

ifps3p.jpg

2qxs6ex.jpg

Soldato
The Code v2 arrived before and I love it. :D:D:D

The thing feels as solid - if not more solid - than the Filco it will be replacing and the MX Clear switches feel AMAZING. Backlighting seems very good across the keys. The legends are very clear and the keys have a nice feel to them. It sticks to my desk, no sliding at all.

The dip switches on the back allow for some very useful functions. I have mine set so the menu key is a function key, with scroll lock turning the Windows keys on or off.

The stabilizers are also the kind found on Filco keyboards (Costar style) so the large keys are very smooth. Here's a few pictures that don't do it justice:

cXfNe1T.png

LCsk0IK.png
Non-backlit.
XlxiFyW.jpg.png

Apologies for the dust. :p

& the windows keys are soon to have two Portal keys that are laser etched for the back lighting to work through. :)

Associate
My Filco Ninja has just arrived, whilst I was waiting I ordered some O rings and a couple of coloured WASD replacement sets. Sticking with the greens for now.

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I'm really impressed so far, went for the cherry red option and with the O rings fitted it's a joy to use.

Nice! I have the full size Majestouch 2 with reds and love it. However I'd prefer a TKL version, shame they don't make the MJ2 TKL with reds, god knows why not :(

Associate
Good heavens, that chair and HOTAS case combo. Wow! What's the digital display on the side of the chair going to be for?

Also, given the HOTAS and all those buttons, do you find much use for the Roccat Powergrid as well?

Associate
The Code v2 arrived before and I love it. :D:D:D

The thing feels as solid - if not more solid - than the Filco it will be replacing and the MX Clear switches feel AMAZING. Backlighting seems very good across the keys. The legends are very clear and the keys have a nice feel to them. It sticks to my desk, no sliding at all.

The dip switches on the back allow for some very useful functions. I have mine set so the menu key is a function key, with scroll lock turning the Windows keys on or off.

The stabilizers are also the kind found on Filco keyboards (Costar style) so the large keys are very smooth. Here's a few pictures that don't do it justice:

Apologies for the dust. :p

& the windows keys are soon to have two Portal keys that are laser etched for the back lighting to work through. :)

Do WASD still make these? My first mech was a V1 custom from WASD and i loved it- cost a fortune though... Replaced it with a ducky now but i still have it...

Soldato
The code ended up costing me £11 more than I paid for the Filco (£141 with the shipping I chose - no customs charges unless they were upfront?), but this has the far rarer MX Clear switches. They're onto their second version of keyboards now at WASD. :)

One thing I have noticed though, the scroll lock LED has decided it no longer wants to work so I can't tell if it's on or not till I press an OS key. Not too bothered, not worth a return.

Associate
Good heavens, that chair and HOTAS case combo. Wow! What's the digital display on the side of the chair going to be for?

Also, given the HOTAS and all those buttons, do you find much use for the Roccat Powergrid as well?

Thanks milko. The digital display is just for aesthetics really. No function at the moment although I would like to have it function as an ammunition counter if the data can be extracted out of the game(s).

You are right concerning the Powergrid application; with the HOTAS and voice attack, I've got pretty much everything covered although the centre console mechanism can be used as a platform for other peripherals if needs be. I've made more progress since these pictures were taken but have been on a bit of a go-slow over Xmas due to various family commitments.

Lots of dry assembling but still a reasonable amount to finish off, including a headrest for the top:

Centre console mechanism (lots of tidying up to do). Stowed:

Up:

With an iPad mini attached:

Back
Top Bottom