Perseid Meteors - anybody seen any yet?

Soldato
I saw them last night.

Only 3 though, at 22:55, 23:20 & 23:25. So have patience, they were also very quick, they didn't go across the horizon, just a short line and then a flash as it burns up.

Soldato
Not yet, although its still a bit light as you can see by bluish in the sky here (alsager, few miles from stoke). We shall be keeping our eyes out at my house though.

Permabanned
Loved the idiotic member of the public on the BBC news earlier who claimed, "Oooh, of course I'm going to stay up and watch this once in a lifetime annual event"!

The mind boggles at the pure stupidity of some people these days!

Associate
Very clear here in Nottingham.

Question, possibly really stupid one at that, do they have to have tails or can they just be spots of light moving across the sky?

Permabanned
Azagoth said:
Loved the idiotic member of the public on the BBC news earlier who claimed, "Oooh, of course I'm going to stay up and watch this once in a lifetime annual event"!

The mind boggles at the pure stupidity of some people these days!
Wouldn't that be sarcasm though??

Seems clouded here :(:(

"You will see them almost wherever you are, so it's worth a look," Dr Massey added.

He better know what he's talking about. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Holliday said:
Very clear here in Nottingham.

Question, possibly really stupid one at that, do they have to have tails or can they just be spots of light moving across the sky?

I suppose you could say they have tails. They look like a star blasting across the night sky, I guess thats why there called shooting stars.

dun

dun

Soldato
Azagoth said:
Come on, how the hell can it be "a once in a lifetime event" if it's annual? The woman was plainly as thick as two short planks!

Keep calm... ;)

I had a look out about 20 minutes ago and saw a very brief one out of the corner of my eye. I'll be going back out at around 11 as it seems quite clear here.

Back
Top Bottom