Perseid Meteors - anybody seen any yet?

Soldato
I've been out the past hour, it's lovely and clear here. Thankfully I'm in the middle of nowhere too so there's no artificial light around. Seen a fair few meteors, most are very quick in burning up. Been a couple of very bright ones too :)

Associate
Completely clear skies where I am. :) Just been stood outside for about 5-10 mins and seen 2. First one was fairly dim and looked quite far away, second one a few minutes later was much brighter and seemed a lot closer. :)

Associate
Didn't know this was happening but by chance last night i was drunk and lieing on the roof of my car and i saw about 4-5. Was great to watch out in the sticks, perfectly clear night and a lil bit drunk.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
G-MAN2004 said:
Perfectly clear skies in Nottingham (NG9). Can't see nothing but a very bright star at the moment, though.

Not surprised. Our light pollution is horrendous! :p Here in my parents village, I've seen about 5, but then I've not spent too long out there. I saw one last night, first in years, got a bit excited. I love space.

Soldato
I see about 4 in 15mins, was lead out on the garden table looking up.

Is it just me but it makes you feel very small when looking up at the stars, I find it facinatiing. World is a spectacular place!

How come this happens every year then? What causes it all?

Back
Top Bottom