PES 2009

Associate
It does work, but its nowhere near as responsive or diverse as fifas, atleast on fifa you actually get to choose what type of ball you get, eliminating the need for AI to figure which is going to be the best, which lets face it neither game has AI capable of doing.

Erm, in real life, you cant telepathically transmit to your teammate what kind of pass you want to receive, you just yell and raise your hand in the air, just like in the game. The AI decides what ball to play, just as your friends would decide what pass to play you.

Soldato
My friends learn from experience, and can see my runs, I dont stick my arm in the air and call for a pass, i point to where I want it or show signs to show how i want it, you'll generally find most people do. If i want it infront ill point infront of myself.
Players also form partnerships and understanding, sadly on fifa and pro evo the ai currently does not 'learn' anything about play style. After all evo's ranting and raving about AI every year its always the same moronic play, you stand on the wing waiting for the overlap which never happens, until you run behind the fullback with the ball and then he decides to go, which usually means the chance of a break has disappeared.

Soldato
Are they gonna fix this incessant crashing with a patch? I can barely do anything without it crashing eventually. It also always crashes if I enter the pause menu within a game and try to do something. All sorts of problems are widespread and well documented across the internet. Did they skip bug testing just to not have a release too far behind fifa? I'm annoyed that I've given Konami my money.

C64

C64

Soldato
The crowd chants have been terrible for years now. They decided not to include 'import chants' feature in the PC version for some reason. Good job the editing boffins know their stuff. I'm sure they will sort that aspect out like they sort most other aspects of the game

you can do it yourself it's not hard at all you just get some chants on mp3 convert them to the correct format then use afs explorer to change them all you need is the chant map.txtIt's really easy to edit pes

Permabanned
I can't play my 12th game on the Legend mode, keeps crashing whenever i move the controller after loading the auto save.

funny i got thru to the quater finals of the champions league and its doing the same to me, i go to load saved data, my data comes up i got to next match then boom. pes2009 has stopped working suspect its becasue i'm using newqcastle and its pretty impossible for us to reach the champions league so the game crashes lol either way its pi$$ing me off

Associate
I had the crashing problem before on Legend mode when i was running it at 1280x1024. But now ive started a new game at 1024x768, rotating manual saves in 3 slots, and it hasnt crashed yet.

Soldato
OP
I'm finding 09 pretty good. Would love an English patch with the 92 league clubs. Anyone know of one? Even a 08 would do as it can be converted.
What option files are you using?

join pesfan, someone will make a whole edited database, but it may take a few weeks, that's what i did for pes08 and it was really good. all teams badges and data

Associate
I had the problem with it crashing too, as far as I am aware konami know about the problem, its a resolution glitch. Sounds a bit stupid but play at 1280x768 on full screen and you should be ok, although you will feel like you're on a NES!! Just have to put up with it until the patch comes out though!

Soldato
Ah i'll wait, i have a 22" widescreen and don't fancy playing at that res. The crashing aside i quite like it, i just didn't like 08 at all but this one feels much better to play in the few master league games i tried. The Legend mode is quite good but having to watch a match at x2 speed is really quite boring. They could do with ramping it up a notch. Also, the stadium announcements are awful, i always have commentary off but looks like you can't turn off the mumbled announcements.

Back
Top Bottom