eFootball (PES 2022) - It's a comin' (probably)

Associate
PES 2022 looks to be coming with an announcement due from Konami on 21st July.

Biggest news for this release is that it's based on Unreal Engine instead of Fox, hence the 2021 marginal update. They needed extra time to get it ready and not helped by pandemic.

There is an OPEN BETA downloadable too, available on PS4/5 and Xbox One/S/X - look for New Football Game in the virtual stores.

I hope this isn't likely to be a repeat of PES 6 on Xbox 360, as it was the first next-gen PES a lot of functionality was missing notably editing.

I'd recommend getting the beta but it's definitely just a network test, it's pretty buggy.

Anyone excited for this?

Associate
agreed it looks worse and it feels weird good job they are testing it though have tried 2 matches and neither finished before crashing

Associate
OP
New trailer has dropped - eFootball™ Official Reveal Trailer - YouTube with horrendous soundtrack (you're powerful).

Oh dear - it seems at first glance PES has died.

Key features:
  • Free to play
  • Digital only
  • Cross play
  • Appears NO offline modes, i.e. master league or BAL
  • 9 whole clubs available for local matches (presumably 1v1)
I'm actually staggered - this is the absolute opposite of what I personally wanted (just a decent master league with state-of-the-art gameplay/mechanics). The fact there's no year either would suggest this'll be on the receiving end of updates as opposed to yearly releases.

Anyway, would be interested to know if anyone is excited or stunned. I don't buy FIFA anymore, so it looks as though no football games for me :(

roadmap-1-1626851317090.jpg

Soldato
Turns out Adam "Lying ****" Bhatti's glorious 3 year plan for the development of Master League had some truth, though didn't realise it was a 3 year plan to phase the mode out altogether. And even then he is a couple of years behind schedule. Apparently it will still have option files, and therefore, presumably, an edit mode, but without a proper Master League the game will be dead to me, even if it is free. The theory is that Offline modes will be delivered as paid DLC, which if they then go and offer a full price level Master League only DLC, I would hope for it to be a massive improvement on the current offering, but since it is not even on the roadmap my expectations are very low indeed. But of course it will just end up being a copy of what we currently have. This will probably kill TTB's channel as he hates online modes in PES, and FIFA in general, but I imagine FIFA will have to be reconsidered if any type of Career Mode is still what he wants to do.

Associate
OP
£30 for premium player pack... That had better include offline ML in future.

I am scared though, my biggest concern is the fairly frequent AI brain farts, i.e. not responding to a loose ball an inch away etc. I did see footage which suggests this issue is still prominent... so much for the new engine hope.

Anyway, it's free and will download tomorrow!

Soldato
Oh dear....

I've only had a single game but so far there really isn't anything tempting me to have a 2nd!

The passing mechanic is dreadful imo - one of the things I've always loved about the PES series is the passing but this is awful! Oh and from the responsiveness of the players it appears as though they are running around in a big vat of sludge!

Soldato
It plays a really good game of football, obviously the PC release is a mess but the PS5 one is really good.

Just a shame the online side when i tried it was a mess and the only time i got to a match it was so laggy the guy i was playing quit.

Think it might be an offline only game to play with your mates, at least its free :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom