PG279Q Alternative in 2020.

Associate
I purchased an asus pg279q back when it was first released (2014). It has served me well. It has served me so well, I haven't even looked at upgrading so I have been out of the "game" so to say in the monitor specs. Occasionally on white screens, I get black and white/grey lines flicker. I assume the monitor is on its way out so I'm looking for a replacement! I know the problem isn't my graphics card since it happens with my onboard graphics as well. Tried different cables, tried different pci slots with my 1070. I have even tried it on my old pc through some adapters (it doesn't have display port) and it still does it.

I don't want anything better. I want something similar specs but a bit more modern but I "only" have £500 to spend. I purchased the monitor for like £750 back in the day thinking it would last more than 5 years. It has done that. I could search all day and probably pick something myself but I want to hear some peoples opinions, maybe someone is in the same situation as me. Watching reviews on youtube bores me now. They all say the same things. "this is the best monitor ever!!!! but..." etc.

Any advice is appreciated! Even if you throw me a list of monitors to look at, that would be helpful!
Thanks,
Marc

Back
Top Bottom