PG27UQ fan problem

Associate
Hello there. Recently bought the monitor. in the title Everything seems to be fine (and the monitor is really great) except for the fact that the fan (either the GSYNC module one or the second one see https://www.pcper.com/image/view/92082?return=node/69847) seems to constantly keep spinning even after the PC has shutdown (or on sleep obviously). No amount of time for the monitor to go to sleep is enough apparently.
The only way to shut the fans is shut the power from the wall completely (switch). I am pretty sure they are not supposed to run constantly (it will just increase the wear over time).
Is anyone in possession of the monitor have the same issue ? There should be some flash command on the GSYNC module to tell the fan to go to sleep by default obviously. The latest (or only) firmware from ASUS website made no difference. Is there anything to be done from the pc side or the OSD settings. Nothing seems to indicate sleep time etc.

I will have to return it I suppose as I am pretty sure an issue with the GSYNC module can have cascading effects and render the entire monitor useless in the short term.

Apologies for the longish text.

Back
Top Bottom