Phanteks Pro M Glass to Asus Rog Strix B350f front panel connectors help!

Associate
Help! This is my first build and the front panel connectors have confused the heck out of me! I've got the Phanteks Pro M Glass & I can't work out which pins the wires from the front panel go!

I've already installed the mobo so it's already kinda hard to tell! There appears to be more pins than connectors!

I could really do with a photo if anyone's got one!!! This is driving me nuts!

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Your motherboard manual should tell you where the pins connect on the board plus there should be a clear illustration of it. You want chapter 1.16, section 11 for the breakdown of the front panel connector and chapter 1.13 section 4 for the front panel audio connections. If in doubt always check the manual.

Another little tip if the connectors are not marked with + (positive) and - (negative) is the the positive connector usually has a little upside down triangle on it.

Associate
OP
Hi mate!

Thanks for your reply! I've the diagram in front of me now & looks relatively straightforward! Unfortunately it's the connectors from my Phanteks case that have me confused as the don't seem to look quite like the motherboard manual!

I've not had a chance to have another look (first attempt on Sunday) but I'm back at it tomorrow so hoping I'll have better luck then!!!

Soldato
Panel connectors are usually a bunch of wires that look confusing as hell lol, however If you inspect the end of each connector you should see things like HDD+ HDD-, Reset SW, Power etc etc, match these up on the pins on your Mobo, they are Inna cluster together.

Associate
OP
Ok Thanks for replying! I was hoping to build the system yesterday but Scan let me down & the rest of the parts haven't been delivered! Hopefully tonight! My confusion was that there were so many pins for relatively few wires coming from the front panel! Lol It doesn't help that the PSU cover is right up against the mobo where the front panel connectors plug in! Makes it hard to see what's going on!

Associate
OP
Sorted! Once I'd removed the motherboard from the case it was easier to figure it out! The Phanteks case came with all the front panel connector leads already secured neatly which had to be pulled out however cable management is half the fun right?! First ever build up & running! Thanks for your replies guys!

Back
Top Bottom