Phone Issues - D500 - Orange.

Soldato
hi,

I've had my d500 almost a year now, and I've had a 2 year contract with Orange with insurance. But as I'm going to be getting my own place soon, I can't afford to pay the £35 a month + calling costs, my contract runs out late Feb, so I will be cancelling then.

My phone since Sept/October time has had a strange glitch, the screen sometimes goes white, has inverted colours and once or twice had the mirrored effect. Now it goes through phases of doing it over 20 times a day, and sometimes not for ages... But to solve the problem I just keep either turning my phone on/off, or removing the battery - but this doesnt always solve the problem (i usually have to blow down the back of the slider or hit it against my had once or twice). Anyway, I call Orange, hoping for a possible phone insurance claim (been paying it for almost 2 years now), but because on their terms it doesn't effect the mobile phone's usability and that it can also be resolved by taking the battery out and blowing down the back of the phone - they will not replace it.

But, wouldn't you say the problem does effect the usability of my phone? Sometimes it can take up to an hour to get it back to normal, using the means described above. I do want to make a claim, but they say I can't...

It isn't usable while I have the problem occuring, and I need it to be working 100%... What can I do? How can I possibly claim so get a replacement phone?

I'm just annoyed considering I've paid insurance every month, never claimed ever before and now they say I can't, because its 'usable'. Pathetic tbh.

Anyone got any idea's what I can do?

Soldato
I wouldnt have that, and have used orange insurance a few times over the years and have never had it questioned when ive said the phone is broken....Possible you spoke to a numpty? Try calling back.

They changed over 6680s when they kept rebooting, so i would imagine thats the same sort of thing

Soldato
call them back, if that fails, wait three weeks, ring them back and say you smashed it by accident, if they say ok we will send replacement, smash it up (only after they said they will replace it though :))

Suspended
screen problem is common with old d500's, its the ribbon cable that connects the lcd board to the mainboard, what i did with my mates is just smacked it real hard against my hand it fixed itself for a few weeks. Ring back, and this time dont say the battery thing fixes it, they have to replace it

Soldato
Its annoying that you have to be slightly dishonest when these companies try and wriggle out of it....

Maybe youre insurance is slightly different from mine? Mines with Orange Premier and even i accidently break it, then they will replace it with in 24 hours?

Suspended
it is very annoying when insurance companies refuse to pay up, they always have a pre qritten excuse. Luckily my 8800 is fully insured, so i could chuck it out of the window, and get a new one under the insurance (not that i would harm such a nice phone)

Suspended
If they still refuse to fix it you could always get new cable for £5 and fix it yourself or just complain and ***** until they replace it

Back
Top Bottom