1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phono cable - does the cable I need exist?

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by hogfather, 19 Jan 2006.

1. hogfather

Mobster

Afternoon gents,

I want to have surround sound for when I watch movies on my PS2. But my surround sound speakers (videologic zxr 550s) don't have the digital / spdif / whatever output for it, so instead I'm going to use the phono cable from the SCART socket to make "fake" surround - the same sound out of all 5 speakers.

Can this be done?

Basically the speakers are phono only (via the sub) so it has to be a 1 x phono (red + white) to 3 x phono (red + white for front, rear and sub / centre) splitter type cable.

Does this exist? I can't find one anywhere!

2. darreny

Mobster

never seen 1 before and tbh i dont think you'd be impressed with the results after you had paid for the cable

3. glitch

Mobster

TBH you won't even notice the benefits. If you've got 'surround sound' with the same thing coming out of all speakers it will just sound a bit louder than using a pair and might even interfere with the signal from the rest of the set.

Don't waste your money would be my answer. You might think differently however.

4. hogfather

Mobster

I guess I could just hook up the front 2 instead :)

Thanks for the advice lads!

5. derbyjake

Gangster

can you not do as you say and is there an option on your speakers to emulate surrond sound as it were ? ie 2.1 mode