Photo Organisation

Associate
Hey,
My "Pictures" folder is getting extremely large is is very unorganised whcih is why I want to start trying to get it organised and tidied out. I installed Picasa earlier and set it to focus on 1 particular folder and copied a few folders of pictures into it and renamed the folder as an album and tagged all the photos and Picasa recognised a ton of faces so I gave them all names and geotagged each image as well and it is all nice and tidy.

The problem comes, that I hear that the places, faces and tags that I have added by Picasa are not compatible with the iPhone or iPad. I know that iPhone does not yet support faces or places just yet but will in OS4 but iPad does already and I hear that the photo app on iPad does not support Picasa.

What would you guys reccommend to allow me to organise all my photos using tags, faces and places but that will give me iPhone and iPad compatibility?

Thanks

Regards,
Neil

Soldato
What would you guys reccommend to allow me to organise all my photos using tags, faces and places but that will give me iPhone and iPad compatibility?

It's difficult enough finding a program that will organise your photos and offer tagging, face recognition, places and geotagging let alone anything else. Picasa has only just released these features into the stable release version and even now they can still be considered experimental. As far as I'm away iPhoto is the only program that will do what you want.

Associate
OP
ok, What I have decided to do is use Picasa to organise all my photos by adding geotags, faces and tags to each one and then just choose specific folders that I have sorted out using Picasa within iTunes to sync across.

The main annoyance is that if I select a folder called "Organised Pictures" to sync from which has all my picture album folders inside, I can choose whether to sync certain folders but if i have multiple folders inside one folder, I either sync all the subfolders or none of them. I have no choice over whcih of the subfolders I sync.

Associate
OP
Basically, instead of allowing Picasa to find all the images I ahve on my system (whcih is utterly stupid) I made a brand new folder called "Organised Pictures" and am copying my photos into subfolders within it one folder at a time and tagging and organising them so My organised pictures folder is actually errrm, organised and just allow picasa to watch that 1 folder and then it seems to work ok.

The main annoyance with Picasa is searching. I would ahve expected a fully featured search facility from google within Picasa. It does not support searching for multi word tags and you cannot limit it to only search throguh the tags.

Back
Top Bottom