Photoshop Battle 1 - 2005 - Submission Thread

Boz

Boz

Associate
Rules:

* 800x600
* use whatever software u want for image manip be it ps or psp or anything else
* use whatever u want to make your images - ie stock images/textures/renders(!)/patterns
* time limit - 48 hours
* unless you're the first to go, your piece must have an element of the previous persons work
* at the end of it all, the entires will go forward to a public vote in gd to pick the 'winner'.
* keep everything to jpg unless u cant avoid saving it as a png
* have fun

--------------------------------------------

Order:

1. unclebob
2. eyerex
3. chaos
4. overtone
5. boz
6. sin_chase
7. dom
8. nim
9. g18241
10. crewy
11. sherbert
12. dean3d
13. tommouk
14. clog
15. hendrix
16. uni
17. phate
18. gord
19. elite
20. dark_shadow

--------------------------------------------

This is the submission thread. Use it to submit your entires and for nothing else. Keep all discussion to the other thread please:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17422565

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Start of Mural

summertime.jpg

Just thought I'd try something using a lot of white space for a change.

Fairly simplistic - a stock photo from istockphoto.com, some blurring (which also protected her modesty!) and the lettering is all in Basic Sans Pro.

Created in Adobe Photoshop CS2, using graduation mask, extract tool and gaussian blur. Also used a wacom graphire 3 for some minor retouching.

Time taken: 55mins.

Soldato
summer6ar.jpg

I took the center flower from Eyerex rotated it and removed the girl then placed in the bottom left corner was going for a surreal abstract type pic. All photoshop CS2.

Soldato
I took the yellow butterfly from UncleBob's piece and made it the pattern on the man's coat in my piece.

Also, I used a stock photo from DeviantArt!

British Summer by OvertoneBliss

Battle.jpg

Phil.

Last edited:

Boz

Boz

Associate
OP
005.jpg

overtone didnt give me an easy pic to work with so i ended up cutting out its framing, blowing it up to fill the canvas and going colour crazy on top of it. not really sure about it but its the best i can do with the preceeding image :)

Soldato
sin_summer_final.jpg

Pretty obvious what ive used from the previous picture. Wanted to try a little freehand which didnt turn out quite how I wanted it but hey. If I spent more time I think I could do a lot better but I kind of like the simplicty of it :)

Soldato
I hate this,but it's the 'best' of what I produced earlier today and yesterday(I spent the whole of yesterday doing loads and loads of different designs but they sucked,so meh!)
First time I've used Illustrator to produce a piece,the ladybirds need work(because they suck)
95%-Illustrator
4%-Photoshop
1%-Pure frustration
Mainly wacom tablet

00000000.jpg

Also some some stupid reason,I have a 'ghost' white border around the image when I view the image through Firefox,but not IE :supermadangrysmiliesmashbang:

Illustrator is wierd,especially when your so used to how PS works it seems irrational somewhat
Also it just seems to like being awkward,why they couldn't just make it behave more like PS I don't know :/

It also seems that the ladybird needs touching up a bit :/

Soldato
Ok here is my feeble attempt:

my.php
my.php
comp4ws.jpg

Errm what can i say, used the photo because i just loved the colours in it and added some circles like nimzicki's piece

If my turn had have landed on thursday as it should ;) i would have been able to produce something better, but given the time, thats the best i could do im afraid, so apologoes for whoever is next for not having much to go on ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OCUK.jpg

Coudlnt think of anything to do for this one so here it is

i am did was get a stock photo add a layer mask with gradenit and added a light point to make ti look like the sun shining on the water.

Sorry for not giving next person that much to work with.

Soldato
summer2005.jpg

Ok nvm what i said in the discussion thread, I got bored lol :p

Well thats my entry, not entirely please with it but i think it suites the theme.

Cheers for looking.

Sherb*

Caporegime
considering i didnt really have much to work with before i was stumped on what to do really.

so i whipped this up on the quick could have made better of it but im out of time as im busy for the next 3 days straight

so anyway

summer time :

summercopy0ml.jpg

Back
Top Bottom