Photoshop boffins in here

Soldato
enfield4ug.jpg

Soldato
I always seem to get bored halfway through doing this lol.

Whats the "proper" or best way of removing the background? As I can NEVER do it properly lol :p

*edit* EYEREX (sp) Done my sig ... so I didnt remove background on that lol

Soldato
DJ Binks said:
I always seem to get bored halfway through doing this lol.

Whats the "proper" or best way of removing the background? As I can NEVER do it properly lol :p

*edit* EYEREX (sp) Done my sig ... so I didnt remove background on that lol

this how I do it:

Docaroo said:
oh and in my experience the best way to chop the background is to first use lasso tool to remove the bulk of the rubbish, say to with 5-10 pixels of the car...

then go in with a small eraser tool ~4 pixels size to "erase" around the car... you get a smooth "blurred" edge that looks a lot more natural then simply lasso-ing the whole beast...

also i find i can control the eraser better as you can use opacity to blend it better...

Associate
Docaroo said:
oh and in my experience the best way to chop the background is to first use lasso tool to remove the bulk of the rubbish, say to with 5-10 pixels of the car...

then go in with a small eraser tool ~4 pixels size to "erase" around the car... you get a smooth "blurred" edge that looks a lot more natural then simply lasso-ing the whole beast...

also i find i can control the eraser better as you can use opacity to blend it better...

Cheers for that mate, been trying to remove the background from an image to use in a wallpaper I'm planning, but it was proving a real headache. I'll give this a go when I get home. :)

Soldato
Someone mentions makign the background colour transparent by deleteing that colour but I tried that and it didnt work. How do I get the pink or white in a picture to be transparent so the picture is effectively just the object not a square (I know it'll still be a square but not in looks)

Tru

Tru

Soldato
geiger said:
Someone mentions makign the background colour transparent by deleteing that colour but I tried that and it didnt work. How do I get the pink or white in a picture to be transparent so the picture is effectively just the object not a square (I know it'll still be a square but not in looks)

You need to set the transparency to the pink or white when you save it, it must be a gif or png.

edit: I've not used Photoshop for about 12 years so I'm not sure of the steps.

Soldato
I used to be part of a fiesta forum (can I link to it?).

People on there used to be amazing with the photo-chop and would virtually mod your car with anything you wanted to see how it would look.
If I can link to it, you may wanna check it out

Soldato
OP
Pickers said:

People on there used to be amazing with the photo-chop and would virtually mod your car with anything you wanted to see how it would look.

FiestaTurbo.com?

Soldato
Tru said:
You need to set the transparency to the pink or white when you save it, it must be a gif or png.

edit: I've not used Photoshop for about 12 years so I'm not sure of the steps.

Thanks, I saved it as a .gif. I guess I need to set something so it knows to be transparent but I forgot how, I remember doign this for a CS spray one time.

Iam using PSP8 atm

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Pickers said:

ukFN?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
geiger said:
Thanks, I saved it as a .gif. I guess I need to set something so it knows to be transparent but I forgot how, I remember doign this for a CS spray one time.

Iam using PSP8 atm

I used to have a lot of trouble with gifs and transparency with PSP8, try saving it as a PNG instead.

Back
Top Bottom