Photoshop boffins in here

Soldato
While we are having this discussion i might as well as this to save another thread.

How do you add hatched line to an image? it makes it look really good, but i cant figure it out, a bit like this.

chewy2k321ya.jpg

Sic

Sic

Soldato
create an image that is 3px by 3px. draw a horizontal black line through it. edit>save pattern

new layer, layer properties, pattern overlay, choose your pattern, set opacity.

if you want to do a selected area, just make the selection before you overlay the pattern.

that's how i did it for the header on my blog IIRC. see sig

Soldato
OK i've not seen this thread in a while but it seems that there is confusion over why it is standard to use a horrible pink colour as the backgroun, this is for 2 reasons:

1) Has already been touched upon, when saving as .gif files or .pngs you must set a transparency colour, this pink was chosen as it is almost never used in a regular image so you can almost be universally sure that you only make parts of the image transparent that you intend to!

2) More importantly, in photoshop, if you wanted to get the car on a transparent backgroun again like the layers in the original .psd but yet post it in a .jpg image you can ues a horrible colour like this as the background.

Next, use the colour selection tool and tell it to select ONLY this pink colour - when you delete this area you have nothing but the car on a transparent background. The problem with the other chaps posting the car on a white background was that if you used this same selection trick on the white colour, you would also get parts of the car deleted that were also white! Since no parts of the car are mental pink, you only have the background deleted :)

Hope that makes sense :p

Soldato
DJ Binks said:
I always seem to get bored halfway through doing this lol.

Whats the "proper" or best way of removing the background? As I can NEVER do it properly lol :p

*edit* EYEREX (sp) Done my sig ... so I didnt remove background on that lol

The proper way to do it, is in quick mask mode.

At the bottom of the tools bar are two boxes with circles in.[o][0]
Click the one on the right. Press D to reset colours. Select brush tool
Paint the car, it will turn red when u paint over it.
Click the left [o] to return to normal mode and it puts a cut shape over what you masked.
Click select menu - inverse- this selects everything inside the lines. cut paste. simple.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
geiger said:
I use Jasc Paint shop pro, how would I remove the background from a picture in that?

Same way. Use the selection tool (point to point is good), maybe put a bit of smoothing on it, and cut round the car, promote the car to a new layer (Alt+P I think) then delete the background. Use a very soft eraser to tidy up any rough bits.

Back
Top Bottom