Photoshop Request - asking too much?

Soldato
Holy poop! That is awesome!! I'll trust over the names. I'm going to get some mugs made up with the design on - i'll post the pics when done (may even become the team letterhead :))

Please send me your pp details too - let me at least buy you a beer/coffee.

Thank you.

ETA: can't trust you "This user has not configured his/her trust account
If this is your account please login to activate your trust"
I'd check that image again before you get it stamped onto some mugs. :eek:

Associate
You don't see it?

Agree. Auntie Beeb will have a fit and be ALL OVER your rear end if you printed the mock TARDIS pic AND the name Meddling-Monk.

Will see what can be done about the Typhoon Jet (just saw that request addition now), will have some mock ups for that later. Will send you a few images of the font sizes for the names and which is preferred, as well as blip design so can get those ready for after I see if there's a good place or position to place the Typhoon.

Soldato
OP
Agree. Auntie Beeb will have a fit and be ALL OVER your rear end if you printed the mock TARDIS pic AND the name Meddling-Monk.

Will see what can be done about the Typhoon Jet (just saw that request addition now), will have some mock ups for that later. Will send you a few images of the font sizes for the names and which is preferred, as well as blip design so can get those ready for after I see if there's a good place or position to place the Typhoon.

v3 i think - it looks great. I am so glad you understood what i meant when i was talking about the red dot :D

I think the Typhoon would be the icing on the cake - but i bow down to your design skills.

Associate
v3 i think - it looks great. I am so glad you understood what i meant when i was talking about the red dot :D

I think the Typhoon would be the icing on the cake - but i bow down to your design skills.

That's fine. Although I have now looked more closely into what @darael said and looked into the binrary Ascii for the original and numbers I simply copied off the original image, and it does spell the f word, space, and then the letter b before it cuts off. Would you like me to replace the binary with something more appropriate?

Incidentally, it looks like that adding the Typhoon Jets onto the map of the UK is not going to look all too great due to overcrowding and they're really only visible when enlarged on the image itself. When factoring in the size on a mug, they'll be near impossible to tell from another jet anyway in most cases whislt crowding the map. I have tried having the Jets as silhouettes on the binary instead. But will need your own eyes to see if you can make out the Jets and that they are the Typhoons.

In any event, will send both designs so you can pick, in case you find it's not an issue on overcrowding the map look. Back in a bit.

Soldato
OP
That is hilarious! Very good spot @darael.

Yeah, that would be unusable and could actually get us in trouble as no doubt management would think it was deliberate.

I was thinking just one typhoon - maybe facing us as a watermark, or a side profile running through the map.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Meddling-Monk @ivrytwr3
I was honestly found nothing wrong with the mug, not even thinking about checking the binary! I just wanted the OP to think that there was something wrong with it when there wasn't, like those Photoshop threads where nobody actually changes the original image. I thought maybe I was being trolled, but after checking it for myself I can confirm that the binary does indeed spell out a contain f-word. :eek:

Seems like I accidentally saved the day. :o:D

Soldato
OP
@Meddling-Monk @ivrytwr3
I was honestly found nothing wrong with the mug, not even thinking about checking the binary! I just wanted the OP to think that there was something wrong with it when there wasn't, like those Photoshop threads where nobody actually changes the original image. I thought maybe I was being trolled, but after checking it for myself I can confirm that the binary does indeed spell out a contain f-word. :eek:

Seems like I accidentally saved the day. :o:D

Bwhahahaha!!!!!

M-Monks work is amazing - can't wait to show the finished product here. But the work is that good, i am looking to get mugs, use the design on the teams stationary/site and also have some 'coins' made up to present to people.

So that could have been REALLY embarrassing.

Soldato
OP
Well, what can i say, through conversation between Monk and I, the original concept has grown into something even better.

I have to say a huge thank you, we went back and forth on design concepts - for someone doing this on their own time and without any reward is a testament to this mans skills and compassion!

Also thank you to darael for saving me from embarrassment/sacking :)

Last edited:
Associate
I thought that might have been an issue. Thankfully all the assets I've been using were reduced in size for overlaying on the image you requested to be built from. Should just be a simple matter to upscale the main base image from the US site, clean it up as I do that, and then reapply (realign and resize) the assets and should be golden. Should be able to get that done later tonight as my turn to cook today.

Soldato
OP
Images received and accepted - order submitted!!

I'll post some pics when received and i'll also donate £10 to a local charity.

I really appreciate your help Monk - there aren't many people who would to the lengths to help someone the way you have helped me. Definitely one of the good guys :)

Soldato
Well, what can i say, through conversation between Monk and I, the original concept has grown into something even better.

I have to say a huge thank you, we went back and forth on design concepts - for someone doing this on their own time and without any reward is a testamnet to this mans skills and compassion!

Also thank you to darael for saving me from embarrassment/sacking :)

The finished image:

oL6OUUs.jpg
At least this time the binary translates to QCYEGX. Where's my free mug? ;):D

Back
Top Bottom