PHOTOSHOP Request: Some more orange on my Jaaaaag please. :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Pretty much decided what I wish to do, but got some additional ideas too, I shall first get done as a wrap so then if I dislike it can be removed easily and if I like and the wrap is not good enough, I could then get properly painted, but hoping quality of a wrap shall suffice.

Here is the photo I'd like to be photoshopped please:

ftypesvr_shopped.jpg

I would like the following photoshopped onto the car, not saying I shall do all of these but would be good to see:
- Grill surround in orange
- Lower none carbon part of mirrors in orange
- Project 7 style bonnet horizontal stripe

Example photos of what I mean:

car_photo_577876.jpg

media4.jpeg

Right now I am just thinking grill surround and lower part of mirrors but also interested to see how the stripe looks.

Am also going to remove the front plate plinth as mine is even larger and just looks a bit silly, gonna get a plate that fits much nicer on the black bar and make sure it covers the holes which are no doubt drilled into the black gloss bar.

Attachments

• media (2).jpg
    media (2).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 6
OcUK Staff
OP
took the colour from your calipers so may be a bit closer now?

Better just looks a bit odd but I guess thats because its a flat colour done a computer put onto a real photograph. This is why gonna do it via a wrap because in person if I am like eeewwwwwww can just leave it a few weeks and then if still ewwwwww pull it off.

Found this video of an owner who did similar to his Project 7, the grill and mirrors is what I really want to do, not sure about the bonnet strip but not sure about that:

Soldato
I know what the bonnet stripe signifies, but it has always looked **** IMO. The grill surround - a bit like Aston Martin's lipstick - looks good, although not sure I'd continue it to the mirrors. Makes a good contrast, although again (IMO) not sure on blue/orange. The old. Cliché of Blue/White would be preferable for me. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Just sell now and get the gt3 in the correct colour :)

If I did not own an SVR I'd agree with you, but now I've got this car and having driven the new GT3, not taking anything from the GT3, but right now in a road car I simply love the SVR, its just an incredible road car and such a occasion to drive with its really party piece been how alive it is, the SVR is fun at all speeds which most modern fast cars can't replicate these days, you have to drive them flat out.

Soldato
This is the car you were sure you werent going to mod?

I'm worried it's going to look like a cheap and tacky version of what was a beautiful car. :(

Leave alone, and just enjoy, would be my suggestion.

OcUK Staff
OP
Rover BRM look ?

Oh yeah forgot Rover did that on some of there hot hatchbacks in the day, guess that is where Aston got the idea from and then Jaguar. :D

This is the car you were sure you werent going to mod?

I'm worried it's going to look like a cheap and tacky version of what was a beautiful car. :(

Leave alone, and just enjoy, would be my suggestion.

Thats why photoshop is your friend, a kind of try before you leap and of course if I do this, it shall be a wrap only which is easily reversible. So far the mods I've done to styling with the wheel centres, grill badge and calipers I am very happy with, think it looks far better than the day I collected.

Back
Top Bottom