Php Fixture List

Associate
I need a decent php fixture list to output a date, venue, time and number of players for my dads golf society from a MySQL database (As I want to implement a CMS later so fixtures can be entered and automatically updated on the site). Anyone know any good templates or tutorials? I've done all the W3schools stuff and understand, it's just putting it into practice.

Secondly, my mate codes his sites in modular php and he's not available at the moment so I cant ask him or remember his URLs, but does anyone know any good sites that show a good practice of modular php. As every thing I do currently is very ad-hoc and tends to get messy.

The URL is www.caerphillydragons.co.uk, not sure what you think of it anyway, any advice is helpfull! It's prob dogged with problems that I'm not aware of. :confused:

Cheers!

Caporegime
The way I've looked at it, is not to just learn PHP in a Modular fashion, but to learn how to identify common patterns, and how to differentiate between objects. These patterns and objects will be applicable to any language, so you won't need to learn it for a specific language (the language reference will come in very handy for that..)

A good book for Patterns is called "Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecure" available from most well known books sites.

OO Design is far more than just understanding the syntax :)

Associate
OP
Cheers dude. I've studied a lot on OOP, especially in reference to C++. Just php is pretty new to me and as of yet I don't have the stuff in my head that I can easily splurge out to codify my designs like I'd be able to in C++. I can design a site as if it was a high level app with objects, classes and logical inheritances. I just can't quite see how to apply that to a scripting language such as php if you get my drift. Web design to me seems in many ways simpler than high level prog design, but in that simplicity it's more difficult in a way. Just need to have a look at a few good sites coded in php really. I'll have a trawl on the net and see what comes up! Unless anyone knows any good sites?

Back
Top Bottom