Piaa silicone wipers?

Soldato
I think my wipers cost about £10 for a set of 3. They leave streaks which look identical to your £75 front setup. :p

Mine were £8.75 each, leave no streaks and are genuine Honda. With the change I probably put the bulk of a tank of fuel in the car - happy days!

Permabanned
OP
Find me a pair of Si-Techs in the same fitment size for less price then...because you cannot.

You can find silicone wipers yes, but not Si-Techs which are their aero versions.

Soldato
I ordered a set of front silicon wipers for my A3 Sportback.

Actually I got these free - birthday on 22 july ;)

What is the problem with that? Couldn't think of any other present.

I just need to wipe the screen again and all will be well, and apparently A3's have some wiper adjustment feature which should drop them.

Most people, with absolutely no money, probably would have delicately said "I'm a bit short of money atm, and don't have anything I really need the money would be a lot more use".

Still nevermind, maybe you could just sell them to and use the money to put fuel in the car?

Sorry so who ordered them? You say you ordered, then it was a birthday present? The story has as much fluidity as your I drowned my car thread. This is possibly why people tend to wonder about the posts you make now.

Permabanned
OP
I got given money.

I put that money in my bank account. Then I researched for the best wipers to buy for a car. Numerous OCUK, audi-sport and pistonheads threads lead to PIAA Si-Techs.

I paid for them with my bank card as I had nothing else I really needed to spend £70 on. The wipers themselves were £25 per side. They supposedly last a lifetime too.

I fit them and get told by the same people raving about them in previous threads that they are terrible..

What is so hard about this to comprehend?

Soldato
I got given money.

I put that money in my bank account. Then I researched for the best wipers to buy for a car. Numerous OCUK, audi-sport and pistonheads threads lead to PIAA Si-Techs.

I paid for them with my bank card as I had nothing else I really needed to spend £70 on. The wipers themselves were £25 per side. They supposedly last a lifetime too.

I fit them and get told by the same people raving about them in previous threads that they are terrible..

What is so hard about this to comprehend?

I think people are confused because if you were recently in a position where you couldn't afford to fill up your car, it would seem sensible to spend say £10-£20 on wipers and save the rest of the cash for when you can't afford to fill up your car again.

People aren't taking the **** just because it's you, they're taking the **** because you've spent £75 on some wipers.

Permabanned
OP
I actually spent £50 on some wipers, and £15 on cleaning/protecting solution, and £10 on postage.

I was temporarily in a low position, although I owe nothing to anyone so I could use a CC to get me through to payday. The only credit I have is my internet/phone/insurance, which was covered. I made a mistake in buying something that used all my money up. Even then I could take a dividend...

Not broke one bit.

Permabanned
OP
Because people push me into having to justify silly things like using birthday cash to buy windscreen wipers. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom