Pic of my Eyefinity set up

Associate
OP
There aint many wall papers out there at that res, waiting for some more.

Anyone else have the flicker issue every now and again? im trying to get it sorted, without the bios flash as i screwed the last one up!

Jay

Associate
as has been mentioned it gives you a more natural field of view. when you stare at a decent sized center monitor after a short while the bezzel becomes a non issue.. after all the image now with bezzel management travels behind the frames and extend resolution so its more of a window you are looking into.

here is what a typical flat screen will see in colour in the center (imagine a gun if you like in the center )

dome-fov-001-flat.jpg

here is a full 180 deg FOV of the human eye

dome-fov-002-wide.jpg

with eyefinity and toeing in the far side monitors you can get close to that in width

BIG difference.

anyways in theory my 3x 23" 1152p monitors arrive on monday so i decided to take the plunge :) i will post pics when they arrive

Very interesting my friend.

Permabanned
The problem is the eye sees 180 degrees on a flat surface, that is, most people have their two outer monitors at an angle to the centre one.

This isnt how the eye naturally sees.

Also the eye sees the image upside down and the brain flips it.

Whenever I look at these screens I end up staring at the bezels, very offputting.

Personally for gaming I would rather see a single very wide monitor.

Associate
there is one problem i dont like about eyefinity which i dont know if it can be corrected is when you open a window and select maximize window it will do it on all 3 monitors whihc i hate i just want it to max on one screen.

is there a way to do this at all thanks.

Permabanned
there is one problem i dont like about eyefinity which i dont know if it can be corrected is when you open a window and select maximize window it will do it on all 3 monitors whihc i hate i just want it to max on one screen.

Hyrda Vision should be able to sort this out (it's a component of the Catalyst Control Centre).

Associate
how did you hook it up as i have one of these and thinking of getting 2 more but you need a displyport on one monitor and the samsungs dont have them

cheers

One option is the sapphire display port to DVI adapter that OCUK sell. Problem is that these are never in stock. I used a display port to VGA adapter which I got for £29 delivered. Can't link directly but have a look at this thread.

Associate

The easiest way round this is to set up some profiles under CCC. I have a few depending on what I want to do. ctrl+alt+e gives me eyefinity, ctrl+alt+3 gives me 3 monitor extended desktop and ctrl+alt+1 gives me the centre monitor. Works nicley.

Back
Top Bottom