Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Don
Obviously you have a lot, is there a reason? I notice that some people just have a scattering here or there on what I can only guess to be prime locations.

Yep my house is pikey spec, plasterboard wall to the left, the original echo was insane even though the room is tiny.

I wish I'd done a recording of the before and after, it's quite remarkable. Albeit not entirely cheap

Soldato
Yep my house is pikey spec, plasterboard wall to the left, the original echo was insane even though the room is tiny.

I wish I'd done a recording of the before and after, it's quite remarkable. Albeit not entirely cheap

Yea see my office is rather large - about 4m x 4m ish. I think some padding directly in front of me, and some of the sloping walls (in the top of 3 story house) would do it. Just need to convince the wife to let me!

Don
Yea see my office is rather large - about 4m x 4m ish. I think some padding directly in front of me, and some of the sloping walls (in the top of 3 story house) would do it. Just need to convince the wife to let me!

I expect I don't need half the stuff I've shoved up, you can get all sorts of different shapes and designs, worst case buy her a dyson hairdryer, I'm still immune from criticism thanks to that, two months later!! :D :D

One thing I would say, is it's not sound deadening, for that you have to spend mega bucks and/or build a man shed

Soldato
I expect I don't need half the stuff I've shoved up, you can get all sorts of different shapes and designs, worst case buy her a dyson hairdryer, I'm still immune from criticism thanks to that, two months later!! :D :D

One thing I would say, is it's not sound deadening, for that you have to spend mega bucks and/or build a man shed

Yea I understand it is not sound deadening. I require it for audio quality. I do use RTX Voice which helps a lot, but I still get a little echo or oddity here and there.

Regarding the better half, I accept I am always in the brown stuff - it is just the depth that changes!

Soldato
So... I did a new desk build.

Away with the IKEA Malm. In with, a full kitchen?

Full thread with more pics in the build section:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/lockdown-pc-setup.18888192/page-2

PXL-20201230-204420664.jpg

PXL-20201230-204444116.jpg

Man of Honour
Associate
What size worktop is that? Also, where is it from?

It's the exact colour scheme I'm thinking of going for. Looks really nice!
eBay, seller called the chippy shop. Its 2000 x 620 which is the biggest I could fit with the rest of the room layout, in solid oak. It was cheap, £130 new delivered, so the quality isn't perfect (few bits of filler etc in knots) but it's plenty good enough for my requirements.

Soldato
Recently moved house and finally got all the bits needed for gf's desk so we don't have to both use mine. Still work in progress, I should be getting work laptop to replace one of the desktops.
His
jfDVdPR.jpg
and hers
BFL2O8M.jpg

So after GF stole my previous ultrawide to use on her desk I got myself a new (to me) one from MM.

PHhgbbY.jpg

Q5jcnez.jpg

Back
Top Bottom