Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Permabanned
If i remember right that was also my first LCD monitor that cost me around £450 and the picture looked really crap compared to my 19" Diamondtron CRT it replaced :(:(:(

Back in the TFT days right? I was the same, got a super expensive Sharp 19" jobbie and ended up selling it and going back to my 20" flat screen Eizo CRT that must've weighed like 30 pounds :p

Soldato
Back in the TFT days right? I was the same, got a super expensive Sharp 19" jobbie and ended up selling it and going back to my 20" flat screen Eizo CRT that must've weighed like 30 pounds :p
Yes it think it was a TFT back then
Imagine having a fancy flat panel in 2004.
Believe me there was nothing at all fancy about the picture quality on it ;)

Soldato
If we are going old...

this picture is dated as 31 December 2001. I am not sure if its been messed up somewhere along the way (actually, looking at my second picture below, I have the same mobile phone so must be around 2006/2007). My best friends dad made the dual monitor stand.
GgRgkvc.jpg

I think this is 2007 (2x Dell 2007WFP)

*edit* found a better pic when I put the dell's on the same dual monitor stand.
bhzXUTeh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
If we are going old...

this picture is dated as 31 December 2001. I am not sure if its been messed up somewhere along the way (actually, looking at my second picture below, I have the same mobile phone so must be around 2006/2007). My best friends dad made the dual monitor stand.
GgRgkvc.jpg

bhzXUTeh.jpg
Them monitors in the first pic look really tiny now :D

I bought my 24" dell 2405FPW somewhere around 2006
LOL i even got Ocuk showing on my monitor back in 2007 :D:D:D:D:D

8bdvkNt.jpg

Soldato
Yup it does, I went from a 19" Mitsubishi diamond pro (I think) to that 17" LG, can't remember why I had the 15" next to it (nabbed from my bro when he moved out I think). My counter strike gaming days ended when I got that TFT.
I went from the 19" Iiyama Diamondtron (which uses the Mitsubishi diamond screen) to a 19" TFT, Was my worst upgrade i ever did..

V F

V F

Soldato
Yes it think it was a TFT back then
Believe me there was nothing at all fancy about the picture quality on it ;)

I remember, flat screen monitors were awful in 2004. Everyone got caught up on thin displays and Digital DVI. Then when that wore off and it took a while. All the ghosting talk started plus the poor black levels/contrast ratio but mostly everyone hated and spoke endlessly of the ghosting since most were into Counter-strike with them.

It wasn't until summer 2005 it kind of changed and most on this forum was pre-ordering Dell 2405FPWs. No longer were they suffering ghosting but never had powerful enough rigs to game at 1920x1200. :D

Permabanned
If we are going old...

GgRgkvc.jpg

bhzXUTeh.jpg

The stands nearly as big as the screens lol

Associate
Hi all

I'm currently looking for a 1800x800cm desk and I can see a lot of you guys all seem to have the same kind of top with 2 draws spec desk.

What is this desk? I take it its just put together but with what parts?

I wouldn't mind a walnut type but a lot seem to be out of stock online (same as everything).

Thanks Guys

Soldato
Hi all

I'm currently looking for a 1800x800cm desk and I can see a lot of you guys all seem to have the same kind of top with 2 draws spec desk.

I wouldn't mind a walnut type but a lot seem to be out of stock online (same as everything).

Thanks Guys

Ikea ALEX cupboard/drawers and a KARLBY top :)

Soldato
Hi all

Thanks Guys

Mine is the IKEA drawers as mentioned already, but with worktop-express top. Worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom