[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
I like those, the first seems to work even with such a vast amount of open space. Only real crit about the second is I'm distracted by the blue box (lower front left), and slightly less the yellow grit box rather than having my eyes drawn up the water towards the wharf.

/I really should get out with my camera during lunch breaks, so much subject matter.

Associate
I like those starfield shots Ishamy and it's something I hope to try as well very soon.

Where the ocean kisses Ireland:

4.jpg

Associate
Caporegime

Love the 2nd, not keen on wispy water photos but love the detail in the 2nd. I was curious so ran your camera and lens through DOF master at f10 to see what the hyperfocal distance was. Bang on what you set it 2m. Did you use a calculator?

edit actually I ad it wrong my calc say 1.29m so as near as dammit your 2m.

Lovely pic :)

And thanks again to someone who hasn't stripped out the exif, it's half of the interest for me :)

Last edited:
Associate
Awesome! May I ask what exposure times you had set for these? Really want to try them out.

The first one was 1/10 of a second. The second one was 1/3 of a second.

Love the 2nd, not keen on wispy water photos but love the detail in the 2nd. I was curious so ran your camera and lens through DOF master at f10 to see what the hyperfocal distance was. Bang on what you set it 2m. Did you use a calculator?

edit actually I ad it wrong my calc say 1.29m so as near as dammit your 2m.

Lovely pic :)

And thanks again to someone who hasn't stripped out the exif, it's half of the interest for me :)

I never used a dof calculator. I knew that with such a wide lens f10 would be enough if I focused a little into the image. Also I sometimes check with the dof preview button when I'm not 100% percent sure.

I too hate photos without exif details, so I always leave mine in.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
STRAX:

Out of Interest what have you used to set the frames? I like it it works perfectly with the pictures.

Associate
Which way do you do it?

Focus at the floor 2m away and switch to MF and recompose from the center point?

I use rear button focusing, so you dont need to switch to MF. Pick something a couple of meters away and focus on that.

STRAX:

Out of Interest what have you used to set the frames? I like it it works perfectly with the pictures.

I made an action to give a border with a bit of shadow. The signature is a brush I created using my tablet. Once that is done it's only a matter of one click to create the border and sign it.

Associate
Heres another image. One I found going through my old files and hadn't processed, nearly exactly 5 years old (where does the time go:rolleyes:)

A sunrise at the Black mount in Rannoch Moor.

original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom