Picked up my new car today!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Sneaky Peaky said:
That is just mad mate...
How much did that set you back and roughly how long do you reckon it's gonna take to spend the same amount again in petrol ! ;)

superb..

I personally think I got a good deal as the cheapest one in the Autotrader is £32,000 with 8000 miles and is a dodgy colour.

I paid £26,500 for mine which has only 700 miles on the clock and has every single document with it and all the freebies un-opened that Saleen ship including a Saleen car cover which is worth approx $800....
Plus my car has HID headlights and Wheel/tyre upgrades which are worth a few more thousand.
I have the original bill of purchase for $45,000 and add on to that the £1000 shipping charge and £8500 for VAT&DUTY. Thats nearly £35,000 so I've got a good buy. The reason the guy is selling because he has the new latest Saleen F150 pickup arriving with 500BHP on 8th March. :eek:

I also got a set of 4 spare Ford Mustang Alloys and brand new tyres too as seen here:-
mustang-2005-yellow.jpg

The reason I got 4 alloys/tyres thrown in was because it failed the SVA with the 20" alloys/tyres due to the rears protuding 5mm out from the body work so the owner ordered the 18" Mustang GT alloys had those fitted and then SVA test re-done. So now its got the 20" tyres back. :)

So for £26,500 I got a great car in truly the best colour with Saleen car cover and a brand new set of 18" Ford Mustang GT alloys/tyres which are worth approx £2000. :D

Looking in Top Marquees some are even selling as high as £45,000 for the same model.........

OcUK Staff
OP
Worthy said:
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa! Now, that is mint.

Got bored with the GTO quickly didn't you? :)

Had it just over a year and I do tend to change yearly, I love the car to bits as its never once let me down and irrelevant of the weather you can still use all of its approx 350BHP. :D

I like to change and it was either the Mustang or a 911. I choose the Mustang as 26k only gets you an old 911 with high mileage which could turn into a huge money disaster if things go wrong. Wheras the Saleen is brand new and its easy to work on. :)
The Porsche craps on the Mustang when it comes to handling but the Mustang is a lot better than most would think with the Saleen modifications. Plus in a couple of years time I can spend a lot more money and get a much newer Porsche or maybe I will fall in love with the Saleen and just spend 5k and increase it to 480BHP with a bolt on supercharger kit from Saleen. :D

Any takers for the 3000GT? ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
robjf said:
That is one tastey car you have yourself there! how much is the insurance in comparison to your GTO?

Hi there

I am 26, low risk area, 2yrs NCB, 3 points doing upto 10,000 miles per year.

GTO/3000GT = £650
Mustang = £580 :D :D :D

Caporegime
gotta admit it has so much more prescence and wow factor than the 911 would ever have had.

and in this country, rare as rockinghorse #@&$. Ive only seen 1 or 2 mustangs in this country, let alone a Saleen Tuned one.

nice car :)

Soldato
MrLOL said:
gotta admit it has so much more prescence and wow factor than the 911 would ever have had.

and in this country, rare as rockinghorse #@&$. Ive only seen 1 or 2 mustangs in this country, let alone a Saleen Tuned one.

nice car :)
So true, without a doubt the better choice of the two.

Very very nice motor. :cool:

Associate
That is absolutely awesome, I'd **** myself if i saw that thing looming in my rear view mirror!

I think you definately did the right thing getting that over a 911, it is an absolute beast and will really turn heads. You just don't see cars like that on the road very often.

Back
Top Bottom