Picky Eaters

Soldato
2 - Coconut and Liver.

But i'm thinking more raw coconut, anything like coconut milk in dishes i'm fine with, I just can't stand the taste + texture combo.

Liver is just grim. I'd try anything if it's prepared in a way I'm not used to, I've found that a lot of food I thought I didn't like was mainly because it was prepared poorly which put me off them.

Liver and kidney are great, cheap also.

Soldato

In fact, I actively enjoy eating all of the food on that list. There's nothing particularly objectionable and it all looks run-of-the-mill to me.

To really get people with a list like that you need:

Black Pudding
Balut
Dorien
Surstromming
Kiviak

Very few would eat all those 5, even though I like black pudding a lot, I wouldn't eat the others.

This list is a different matter!

I would definitely turn away from balut and kiviak. Just a biiiig nope to those!

I do like black pudding, though. I'd definitely be prerpared to try surstromming, but it does have quite the reputation. And dorien... I don't know, is that another spelling of durian, the fruit? If so I have eaten that and whilst not a huge fan I have had durian ice cream quite a few times and found it quite nice in an odd way.

I'd also find it very off-putting to think about eating something like brains or eyeballs. Rotted shark could be on the list too, perhaps.

Associate

In fact, I actively enjoy eating all of the food on that list. There's nothing particularly objectionable and it all looks run-of-the-mill to me.

This list is a different matter!

I would definitely turn away from balut and kiviak. Just a biiiig nope to those!

I do like black pudding, though. I'd definitely be prerpared to try surstromming, but it does have quite the reputation. And dorien... I don't know, is that another spelling of durian, the fruit? If so I have eaten that and whilst not a huge fan I have had durian ice cream quite a few times and found it quite nice in an odd way.

I'd also find it very off-putting to think about eating something like brains or eyeballs. Rotted shark could be on the list too, perhaps.

Yeah I think that's just my poor misspelling of durian, and I only mean the raw fruit that's banned from flights more for the smell than anything, I've heard the ice cream and flavouring in general is very nice.

I think I would really enjoy the flavour of balut if I ate one without looking at it, though even then I'm not sure I could, but kiviak and surstomming I don't think I'd even try based on videos I've seen of them. Not knocking them as traditions, clearly both extreme examples eaten rarely.

Caporegime
OP

True story - so my parents cooks a lot of fish, growing up i used to pick the eyeball out of a fish and eat it and chew it until the centre part which is almost like hard plastic. I found it strangely enjoyable.

I don'd do that anymore!

Man of Honour
26 for me - I find most vegetables and some fruits/nuts about as appealing as eating dog **** for some reason and won't touch them even to be polite.

Some of it is a bit contradictory as well - for instance I don't mind horseradish at all but I find parsnips absolutely vile in look, smell and taste - some of my family/relatives who'll just eat anything don't understand and think I'm just being fussy but I genuinely find a lot of those foods absolutely vile.

Soldato
Is there then a chart that, based on # selected, shows whether you're genx/y/z, snow*****

everything - strongly prefer if the nutella/ranch/mayonnaise/peanut-butter were home-made, and, ethical sourcing on meats too, eg. no Taiwan shrimp, garden snails.

Soldato
Tofu dusted in cornflour and then deep fried, before going into a sauce is amazing. Tofu dropped straight into a sauce is very, very bad.

I've had it this way too, instead of mush it was like a sponge. Tasted good, but all you can taste is the sauce as Tofu itself is largely flavourless.

Back
Top Bottom