Pics of new car! (56K and possible chav mods)

Associate
OP
Matt82 said:
what have you gained from any of those mods?

Satisfaction that my Zetec S isnt like any other Zetec S on the road.
I suppose modifying cars is still a taboo subject in that does modifying a car mean that you are actually 'chaving' it up.

I bought the car with the exhaust and alloys on it. The previous owner was a car enthusiast and he's looked after it very well. He was a member of ZSOC so he clearly knew how to look after the car.

Associate
OP
Matt82 said:
i can understand the ICE, but the 6*9s mounted over a sub box.

youve lost me. im genuinely asking why you did it?

Again the car came with the 6x9's in the parcel shelf.
The parcel shelf is infact a stealth shelf.
The Zetec S only comes with component speakers up front and some very rubbish speakers in the rear.
If i disconnect the 6x9's the bass drowns out the treble. I've set the 6x9's to HPF so i've got all the bass comimg out the subs.
I used to be very against 6x9's (because of what ive read from Talkaudio) but now i've grown to like them.
I will be getting rid of the rubbish Xplods that came in the shelf for a nice set of Vibe QB's.

Associate
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Whoa, your ride is 2 Fast 2 Furious

Those mods must have cost a lot in comparison to the price of the car

I bought the car with most of the mods done to it already.
The previous owner was an enthusiast and member of ZSOC.

Associate
OP
I dont think my car is chavved up.
The alloys dont look stupidly big and they fit perfectly in the ZS arches.
The lowering again is done well, looks good but isnt too low that you cant see the tops of the alloys.
The exhaust isnt that loud. Like i said, at idle it's got a nice rumble to it and when you boot it it sounds very nice.
However, at 70mph on the motorway it does get slightly annoying but that can be fixed by turning up the music a tad:p

Associate
OP
-Mic- said:
Holy quadrupel post batman!
I personally think the alloyd are a bit big.

I don't think the alloys look big to me. It's pobably because i've seen the car everyday for a month now and have just got used to them.
One of my friends did mention they did look a bit big but i'm not bothered.
They might look big to people but the ZS arches can accomodate them so there is no problem. A few ZSOC's have 17's on their cars and they seem to be running well.
The standard 15" wheels do look a little too small for me though.
Once ive got some money i should be able to buy some 16" OZ's. They will look fantastic.

Associate
OP
I think i need to clarify that i didnt modify the car.
I bought the car already modified by a member of ZSOC.
Hence i didnt shell out loads of money on mods.
The mods have grown on me.

Soldato
ive modded my computer so that it performs its functions better. it crunches numbers faster etc.

a car's duty as a car is to stop, start, go round corners etc excuse my ignorance, but i do no see how you have improved that car at all.

to make it different to the millions of other zetecs you could have stuck a pick axe through the roof... and still you would have acheived nothing

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Matt82 said:
ive modded my computer so that it performs its functions better. it crunches numbers faster etc.

a car's duty as a car is to stop, start, go round corners etc excuse my ignorance, but i do no see how you have improved that car at all.

to make it different to the millions of other zetecs you could have stuck a pick axe through the roof... and still you would have acheived nothing
Bets you own a rather nice case too, maybe with some aesthetic mods?
Why dont you go to the pc case forum and say the same thing about their cases?

Soldato
xcessive said:
Again the car came with the 6x9's in the parcel shelf.
The parcel shelf is infact a stealth shelf.
The Zetec S only comes with component speakers up front and some very rubbish speakers in the rear.
If i disconnect the 6x9's the bass drowns out the treble. I've set the 6x9's to HPF so i've got all the bass comimg out the subs.
I used to be very against 6x9's (because of what ive read from Talkaudio) but now i've grown to like them.
I will be getting rid of the rubbish Xplods that came in the shelf for a nice set of Vibe QB's.

he's not talking about that. He's talking about having 6x9's in a shelf of a small boot with a bloody great sub wedged in there. Id be vry suprised if those 6x9's last more than a few months with the hammering they got from the sub.

Associate
Matt82 said:

Christ, some people enjoy making changes to their cars appearance. What's hard to understand? :/

Back
Top Bottom