Pics of new car! (56K and possible chav mods)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Matt82 - 99% of the people on the forum probably agree with you, there is little point arguing about it though.

I agree, i mean mod a fiesta? come again?

Associate
By saying what's the point, would mean you don't understand why the owner feels the need to make changes. The answer is because he likes how it 'looks'.

Associate
OP
Matt82 said:
ive modded my computer so that it performs its functions better. it crunches numbers faster etc.

a car's duty as a car is to stop, start, go round corners etc excuse my ignorance, but i do no see how you have improved that car at all.

to make it different to the millions of other zetecs you could have stuck a pick axe through the roof... and still you would have acheived nothing

It looks nicer :p

Soldato
james.miller said:
yes matt82 and im sure your pc is sitting in an ugly beige case as well:)
its worse. it has the worst "120mm fan hacked into the side of the case" job that youve ever seen, but it cools it more and i can clock higher with it.

function before form.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Jez said:
Matt82 - 99% of the people on the forum probably agree with you, there is little point arguing about it though.

I agree, i mean mod a fiesta? come again?
What car would you recommend he modify then?

Soldato
Matt82 said:
its worse. it has the worst "120mm fan hacked into the side of the case" job that youve ever seen, but it cools it more and i can clock higher with it.

function before form.

good for you. ill keep my silverstone htpc with its 2.9ghz opteron and x850gto2 inside.

function AND form;) The point is, Matt82, is that not everybody is happy with something that looks like crap. If thats your preference then fine, but dont try to push it on others or push them for an explination.

You wouldnt want some religious precher knocking on your door telling you right from wrong, would you?

Last edited:
Soldato
james.miller said:
good for you. ill keep my silverstone htpc with its 2.9ghz opteron and x850gto2 inside.

function AND form;) The point is, Matt82, is that not everybody is happy with something that looks like crap. If thats your preference then fine, but dont try to push it on others or push them for an explination.

You wouldnt want some religious precher knocking on your door telling you right from wrong, would you?

as per my original post... my question was "whats the point?" what is the point in all mouth no trousers.

Soldato
its a preferance Matt82. Its a choice, it may not be to your taste, but it could be a whole lot worse.

I bet you wouldnt want the front of your house looking like a tip with old sofa's in the garden and rotten windowframes would you?

or is it still function over form?

Soldato
Because he wants it to look good? Its not as if he's turned it into something its not, he's not stuck Turbo badges on, or something. He's just made it look how he wants it to.

Why do people wear the clothes they wear instead of the cheapest plain white t-shirts they can find? Why do people paint or paper their walls and not have plain plaster? Why drive anything other than a rusty old nova? Why do anything? Whats the point?

Man of Honour
looks ok but i'd put the ford badge back on the front grille (looks a bit odd without it imo) and swap out the blue bulbs :)

Associate
Yeh, all teenagers should take no pride in what they drive. Instead, we should all drive around in tincans on wheels for 4 years. :D;)

Associate
OP
Shock said:
Yeh, all teenagers should take no pride in what they drive. Instead, we should all drive around in tincans on wheels for 4 years. :D;)

Yeah!
Modifying all comes down to young drivers (including me) wanting to make their car look different from everyone elses.
Freedom of expression you could say :o
Most of us will grow out of it but some wont.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Matt82 said:
what is the point of something having enhanced 'looks' (good or bad is another debate) but only has basic functions
As said before, why wear an expensive suit when a white tshirt would get you by?

Back
Top Bottom