Pics of new car! (56K and possible chav mods)

Associate
OP
james.miller said:
becuase it gives the owner a sense of individualism, and that is the ONLY reason needed.

oh and it also drivers certain people up the wall;)

Summed up well.

But why should a modified car drive people up the wall?

Fair enough if a chav wants to spend £5K on a £500 Corsa, his loss. but why do people jump on their high horse? It's the chavs money, let him waste it.

Associate
OP
-Mic- said:
As said before, why wear an expensive suit when a white tshirt would get you by?

It's all about personal preference.
If people bought the same things and did everything the same way the world would be a damn boring place.

Soldato
i can see that it is your personal preference to do things that way, but what is the point?

is it simply that you are more concerned with how it 'looks' over what it actually does?

Soldato
Matt82 said:
i can see that it is your personal preference to do things that way, but what is the point?

is it simply that you are more concerned with how it 'looks' over what it actually does?

why do you keep asking this? you've already been told. Preference. ITs how they like it. they dont need any other reason so just accept that.

Associate
xcessive said:
Yeah!
Modifying all comes down to young drivers (including me) wanting to make their car look different from everyone elses.
Freedom of expression you could say :o
Most of us will grow out of it but some wont.
I was trying to make the point that some of us younger drivers can't all afford to insure big turbo'd beasts.

But it gets frowned upon here when anything aesthetic gets done to a small engined car. I can understand 5" Jap roaring exhausts on your 1.0 being stupid, but there's hardly anything over the top with yours.

Like I said, I would prefer not to drive around in some rusty nail for years and years, but some people obviously wouldn't mind. Enjoy it dude. :)

Associate
This forum is rapidly going down hill.
The bloke takes the time to wash, polish, take a few pics of his car, then post them for all to see and just because its got a few mods you guys rip it to bits. I bet if he had posted a picture of a crappy mondeo that was 100% standard you would be loveing it and congratulating him on his purchase.
This forum seems to be full of people who just love to jump on the anti chav bandwaggon and slate anyone who changed a few bits on there car.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
JamesRJ said:
The bloke takes the time to wash, polish, take a few pics of his car, then post them for all to see and just because its got a few mods you guys rip it to bits. I bet if he had posted a picture of a crappy mondeo that was 100% standard you would be loveing it and congratulating him on his purchase.
This forum seems to be full of people who just love to jump on the anti chav bandwaggon and slate anyone who changed a few bits on there car.
To be fair the majority of us are defending him

Associate
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Fair enough, sounds sensible - did you pay much over the odds for all the mods?

Nope not at all.
Car was up for £3300 but managed to get it down to £3k MOT'd and Taxed.
The seller knew that modifying a car wont increase value at all so he advertised it at a sensible price.

Associate
OP
lordrobs said:
I quite like it, not what I would do myself but its still a tidy looking motor.

My next mod would be a ford badge for your grill ;) :p

I've got the admit the front grill does look a bit bare but no Ford badge is going on there!
Maybe the new Zetec S badge would look nice.

Associate
OP
JamesRJ said:

To be totally honest i knew i would get this sort of reaction but i'm an attention whore:p

Soldato
Just wondering about the 6x9 and sub box, do the 6x9s actually sound all that good if they are working against the massive airflow of the sub box? Would they be any better if they were boxed in themselves?

Nice mods, but it's still a Ford ;)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
LMFAO at the bumper comment its standard, The alloys and zorst are not to my taste but who am i to say if you like them then keep them :) Rest of the car looks spot on fella hope your enjoying it like i did myn.

Take it easy

Sam

Associate
OP
SB118 said:
Just wondering about the 6x9 and sub box, do the 6x9s actually sound all that good if they are working against the massive airflow of the sub box? Would they be any better if they were boxed in themselves?

Nice mods, but it's still a Ford ;)

The 6x9's ive got are not good at all. They are crappy Sony Xplods.
I havent set the gain levels on my amp properly either, i just adjust them a tad if i find the bass is too much.
The 6x9's are not producing bass, they just provide treble and they dont actually sound too bad.
I'm just going to carry on hammering my 6x9's till they die.

Soldato
JamesRJ said:

Well said James. I mean, it's not like he posted pictures of this...

aaaa4zu.jpg

For the record, that's a 1.2 Automatic Corsa :D :D

Die die die in the face! (God knows why I've taken a liking to that phrase recently)

Soldato
Not bad, dont like small cars tho, plus i love boot space as i do loads of trips with friends,so the boot is good for sleeping bags. Plus ever "done" it in a small car!! I guess the sub will make it more fun! ;)

For some reason, your car looks a little cold, like just freezing! I think it needs some loving or a heart!!

Or just put the nice ford badge on the front if you can find one.

Not too keen on the rear light clusters, think there too dark, reminds me of a bee!

As for the 6*9's, how many people here have actually seen them blow? My friend has pioneer 6*9's with a big old 15" vibe sub in the back, 6*9's still sound really nice! ( although i still just prefer the sound of good components in the front!)

Think it would look really cool with multispoke wheels, as the huge gaps between the spokes now dont do the car much justice.

I rekon potential is there to look really nice, just a few niggles right now!!

Soldato
S@njay said:
As for the 6*9's, how many people here have actually seen them blow? My friend has pioneer 6*9's with a big old 15" vibe sub in the back, 6*9's still sound really nice! ( although i still just prefer the sound of good components in the front!)

Me :)

Back in the days when my mate had his Dodge Fiesta (you've all seen it right? :D) he had 4 6x9's on the standard parcel shelf.

It was comical!

Anyway, when he finally got a sub, he removed 2 of the 6x9's and built a proper shelf. 3 months later, he came to me asking why the 6x9's sounded like they were crackling.

Oh how I laughed.

Back
Top Bottom