Pics of new car! (56K and possible chav mods)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
candyman2 said:
no no no , thats like saying spending your money of alloys and other mods is "daft".
I dont get what your saying to be honest.
Im saying, if buying a new car is daft, then buying new clothes is daft because you can get old ones, or a second hand ipod, or an old hat.
I dont see how the discussion about new cars has anything to do with modifying a car.

Soldato
-Mic- said:
I dont see how the discussion about new cars has anything to do with modifying a car.

I think he is saying some people like to spend over the odds to buy a new unused car, while some people spend money making their car look different.
They could both be classed as silly.

Associate
-Mic- said:
Be thankful some people do have the money to blow on new cars. Means others can afford them second hand.
thank you so much for suplying this service to us! hehe

i gringe at the thought of loosin money on buying a new car but i i have done and will happily continue to throw money at my 22 year old car. i WONT get every penny back but i will ejoy every penny i spent on it and it wasent just lost becouse i drove it off the forecourt.

i liek your fiesta i think it would look better with super Ts, infact brilliant. and its not like ats a 1.1, altho it isent going to set the road on fire. if your goign to have a fiesta have the better engine. (ZVH for the win tho imo:p) i like brand new bmw 5 sereis and things i feel special when i am in my dads mates, but i would still choose my mini over that in the end.

and i aint keen on the blue indicators iether:)

Dan

Soldato
Morba said:
because they didnt want a z3, they wanted a fiesta which they then over time spent 6k on mods on.

you still do not understand.
people mod for themselves, not for anyone else, not for resale value.

I suppose we could get into a long conversation about the social values and trends represented in such things, or i could just say "Z3 Roadster > Modded Fiesta"

Soldato
I think the wheels are a little big and you need to lose the twin exhausts (it's still a Fiesta no matter what you do to it). Other than that though, it's not too bad.

Associate
OP
Big Chris said:
I think the wheels are a little big and you need to lose the twin exhausts (it's still a Fiesta no matter what you do to it). Other than that though, it's not too bad.

I think some people don't realise that it isnt just a run of the mill mk5 Fiesta with a pony 1.25 engine (a great engine though).
It's a Fiesta Zetec S (basically the GTi of Fiestas).

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Praise the lord for that then, cause thats a standard cheapo splx enclosure you see down your local automotive store.

Correct me if im wrong but SPLX copied the Mutant enclosure design.
Below are pics of both the SPLX encloser and the Mutant one.
The Mutant one just looks nicer even though they have the same design.

SPLX:
splx.jpg

Mutant:
MUTANT-NW10DBP.jpg

See what i mean?

Caporegime
Just the first thing that entered my head, from flicking past your small pics it certantly looked like one, very cheap looking design.

I like Most of the car but i aint too keen on the audio config.

james.miller said:
thats a bog standard (and awful) bandpass design. Did splx really copy mutant? or did they both copy vibe? or did all 3 copy pro-plus, and earthquake, and eminence......you get the idea.

Well put sir!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That corsa is just bad man :p the fords at least quite alright! - do you have interior pics? you cant post a exterior and not the interior!

Associate
OP
james.miller said:
thats a bog standard (and awful) bandpass design. Did splx really copy mutant? or did they both copy vibe? or did all 3 copy pro-plus, and earthquake, and eminence......you get the idea.

Not sure who copied who i've only seen the design by SPLX for a couple of months at my local Motor World.
I wanted the enclosure to fully house the subs because when i do sometimes cram stuff in my boot around my sub then it doesnt affect the performance of the subs at all.
If i had the 'normal' sub box enclosure where you can actually touch the sub then having anything touching the woofer while it is on kills the sound dramatically.

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
I suppose we could get into a long conversation about the social values and trends represented in such things, or i could just say "Z3 Roadster > Modded Fiesta"

we could get into a long conversation about opinions, but yours seems to be the only one that matters so we wont bother eh?

im sure im not the only one who things the z3 is so bloody fugly.

Associate
OP
Tesla said:
Did the question about shorting the amp get answered? I couldn't find a post with the answer in?

Nope it didnt get answered.
I'm pretty sure i am doing the best thing by covering the contacts up with electrical tape.
It's just hassle really having to tape them up individually.
I would be glad if someone could answer it for me so i can return the roll of electrical tape i borrowed off a mate about a month ago if it is not needed :o

Soldato
I had the same thing with my mondeo, if I was putting a big TV in the boot then I would take the sub out. I just didnt use the HU so the amp got no power as didnt wanna take the risk of shorting anything.

Associate
Really like the wheels always have likes those style nice in the 17's as well, i would be tempted to see if its possible to drop the car another 20-25mm they would sit right in then :D , the zorst looks a little large but hey nice car.

As for chav definatly not very few cars really are chav i think its just a term people use for cars which have had a few quid spend on them and they dont like the look of it, its over used imho.

Back
Top Bottom