1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 110D Writing CD-R Problems

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by steviec, 16 Jan 2006.

1. steviec

Wise Guy

I have just got a new PC which is all Black having had a Silver one, anyway I was using my old Pioneer 109 Drive in the new PC writing DVD's, CDR's etc no problem but got a Black 110D so everything matched.

The 110D will write DVD's no problem, but it refuses to write eProformance 52X CDR Disc which the previous 109 had no problems with. The 110D I have updated to the latest firmware 1.37 but still no joy using either Nero 6.6 or Roxio 7.5 anyone any idea or come across this problem. The error I get is "power calibration area error 03/73/03"

The drive was bough from OCUK just before Christmas and has been working fine on DVD's but this is the first time I have tried CDR's

2. smids

Soldato

I've had power calibration errors before on my NEC drive - take out the cables plugged into the drive and reinstall them, that's how I fixed mine. Not sure if it will help, but you could try it as a start.

3. steviec

Wise Guy

Thanks, will give it a go.

Just downloaded Nero 7 to try that failed at full speed 32x on a disk rated at 52x but worked at 4x.

4. james32

Hitman

the drive is a piece of crap, mine only lasted a few weeks started burning bad sectors onto dvds replaced it it with nec 4550.

5. steviec

Wise Guy

Cheers for that mate ;) just what I wanted to hear NOT !!!! :)

Debating the NEC 4551 at present :confused:

Or maybe I hold fire as "so far" DVD's have burned fine.