1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-110 - Not writing discs

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by mag1caltrev0r, 14 Jan 2006.

1. mag1caltrev0r

Associate

I recently bought the Pioneer DVR-110 and I'm having problems writing to DVD-Rs.

I'm using Nero 6 and when it goes off to write to the media it fails. I've made sure it's set to 4x write for the 4x media but still nothing. I'd like to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid before I see about returning it.

Bit of a bugger really but these things happen!

2. [email protected]

Hitman

Are you using an 80 wire IDE cable ?
    If it's an oldish computer it's probably 40 wire.
    Both 40 and 80 wire cables plug in the same sockets.

3. ultim

Hitman

also, have you tried using different media? update to the latest firmware? using a version of nero that supports 110?

just some question you should ask yourself.

4. micnic

Gangster

The Pioneer 110 needs to be set up as master on IDE 2, had the same sort of problem as you when it was set up as a slave drive.

5. mag1caltrev0r

Associate

Ah, I'll take a look. I've got all my drives setup as cable select, but saying that I'm not sure why I did that as I don't know what the consequences are! :confused: I'll dismantle at some point today and change it to Master. It's on it's own IDE channel anyway.

Thanks for that suggestion