1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer write fail

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by ste-sim2x9, 10 Jun 2010.

1. ste-sim2x9

Hitman

I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L and i've never had a problem with it but this last week it is failing on burning dvd-r and duel layer. When i burn with nero i get the following error,

Could not perform write,
    wriete error,
    Burn process failed at 8x

I burned 10 disks tonight and 8 failed and 2 burned ok but the write area on the disk looked like the coating had run like water. Any thoughts on why this is doing it, i have had it since xmas just gone.

2. richb93

Wise Guy

How often do you burn? If you burn a lot of discs it could well be that you've worn the drive out or it could've been defective and had a lower lifetime from when you purchased it.

Also if still in warranty I assume you could RMA it?

3. ste-sim2x9

Hitman

Well the drive is not 12 months old and i emailed pioneer because it would be past overclockers warranty and they said, Pioneer throughout Europe withdew from the components market place at the end of July 2009 and therefore we have to recommend speaking to your supplying dealer for support. So it looks like new drive time.

4. richb93

Wise Guy

That really sucks mate :( I suppose it could've been worse, at least DVD writers are fairly cheap now :) I had had a few Samsung's over the years which have been great, thoroughly recommend them :)

5. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Point of purchase covers warranty within the first 12 months.

6. ste-sim2x9

Hitman

I lost my receipt so i don't think i could take it back to overclockers. I supose i got my £20 worth with the drive but i would never go with pioneer again even though i've always had there drives. I've brought a The LG GH24NS50 super multi internal sata dvd rewriter from oc and its working great.

7. Meaker

Mobster

If it's overclockers there should be an online receipt? If it's the store they should have saved the receipt on their system.

By law shops do not have to hand out receipts and therefore by law they are not allowed to require receipts for the return of faulty goods.

8. ultrakipper

Gangster

It could be bad media you are using ?

9. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

im getting the same thing now
    i hardly use my drive!
    not sure what make it is though! im just looking for the recipt

EDIT

mine was bought in dec 2007, its a Samsung 20x

10. ultrakipper

Gangster