Places to eat in Liverpool please

Man of Honour
whatever you do don't go to caesers palace, if there is a worse restauarant on this planet I will be amazed :p

Wow, I honestly thought I was the only person to hate it.

Loads of good restaurants around town - e.g. the bistro on Duke Street, there's Hannah's Bar which hasn't a bad menu now.

Shere Kahn in town, though if I'm honest it's expensive for what it is.

If you want a proper slap up meal there's the London Carriage works on Hope Street.

There's a few places on Victoria/Dale/Water Street as well (around there). Nando's is by Queen's Square.

I personally have only ever had bad meals down the docks. My family and I hated Est Est Est (but this was years ago).

Associate
My favourite restaurant in Liverpool is Meet, on Brunswick Street.

http://www.meetrestaurant.co.uk/

I know you said Indian, but if you change your mind and want steak, go there :p Finish a 24ouncer, chips and all, I challenge ya!

Secondend, love that restaurant, love that area. Also as mentioned above Mei Mei on Berry st is excellent for proper chinese food, not all you can eat garbage :p

Associate
Maysum is not nice. They reuse food from the previous day or 2 days!!
There's a small chain of restaurant serving very high quality French food called bistro jacques (hope street), bistro franc (near renshaw street I think) and bistro Pierre near matthew street.

Went yesterday £7.95 each for a three course set menu it was lovely. The place is always full so give them a ring. The menu changes daily aswell.

Check the website.

Associate
Gulshan is pretty goood from what I remember when I worked there for a very short while.

There are a few Indian places on Bold Street that are okay.

Some good Chinese places on Nelson Street (China Town). I went to a small one with a group of Chinese mates and I guess they are 'in the know'.

Spanish is also fairly welll represented, with a La Tasca in Queen's Square, goood atmossphere if there is a group. However, I have heared that http://www.alma-de-cuba.com/ is somewhat goood. I mean to go there soon.

For a bistro, I enjoy Café Tabac, it has a mini cinema room at the rear.

Don't know about the Albert Dock area as I don't venture down there much.

Lark Lane is an alternative to the centre and has a lot of varied places to eat. It has its own website and is fairly 'bohemian'.

Enjoy yourself whereever you go, Liverpool is a great city.

Edit: Sapporo Teppanyaki (Duke Street, centre) is good fun, my daughter loves it. There is also a Wagamama i Liverpool One.

Last edited:
Soldato
A must go in Liverpool is Mei Mei, the best chinese restaurant i have been to outside of London. Also try to make it before 6 to get up on dim sum menu. hau gau, cheung fun, beef and ginger dumplings and sieumai. All full of glorious win. I also believe they make their own char siu buns.

I cannot recommend it enough, the food there was better than when i was actually in china.

Haha do you remember when we went into the crap one next door and ordered everything on the desert menu?. Lollor

Associate
If you fancy a bit of Italian, then Zeligs (half way up the steps next to John Lewis), or Il Forno on Duke Street is great, both have good food and atmosphere.

Associate
Haha do you remember when we went into the crap one next door and ordered everything on the desert menu?. Lollor

heheeh oh aye, btw OP do not confuse mei mei with maysum (this is the bad all you can eat place imo)

Theres a decent greek restaurant on Lark Lane iirc.

Associate
Gulshan is pretty goood from what I remember when I worked there for a very short while.

There are a few Indian places on Bold Street that are okay.

Some good Chinese places on Nelson Street (China Town). I went to a small one with a group of Chinese mates and I guess they are 'in the know'.

Spanish is also fairly welll represented, with a La Tasca in Queen's Square, goood atmossphere if there is a group. However, I have heared that http://www.alma-de-cuba.com/ is somewhat goood. I mean to go there soon.

For a bistro, I enjoy Café Tabac, it has a mini cinema room at the rear.

Don't know about the Albert Dock area as I don't venture down there much.

Lark Lane is an alternative to the centre and has a lot of varied places to eat. It has its own website and is fairly 'bohemian'.

Enjoy yourself whereever you go, Liverpool is a great city.

Edit: Sapporo Teppanyaki (Duke Street, centre) is good fun, my daughter loves it. There is also a Wagamama i Liverpool One.

Small chinese restaurant?

Tea House on Bold Street probs.. very nice food there :)

Back
Top Bottom